As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear MD vs MnM interface (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD vs MnM interface
Cappy
MnM Poly Mode 19 Years, 2 Months ago
I just installed 1.05 from 1.02 and am wondering what implications the dynamic allocation really has. I tried entering poly mode with a single track playing and it did what it always has - muted everything except the track active in poly mode. Anyone willing to give a brief tutorial?
  The topic has been locked.
Re: MnM Poly Mode 19 Years, 2 Months ago
Where did you hear about Dynamic Allocation? The readme was a bit sparse. I'd love to know what the rest of the "healthy set of other features and updates" is comprised of.

Thanks...
iTrope
Cappy
Clarification - read me file says "Proper poly mode channel allocation with last note priority"

Not really sure what that means. Mono tracks shouldn't require last note priority, eh?
Goomba

purveyor2 wrote:
Clarification - read me file says "Proper poly mode channel allocation with last note priority"

Not really sure what that means. Mono tracks shouldn't require last note priority, eh?

If you have a 3 voice polyphonic synth like the sid for example last note priority means that if already 3 keys are down and you press a fourth, some of the older notes stop play and the fourth gets played instead...
without the last note priority the forth note wouldn't get played at all until the first three are released...
Cappy
So you can set the desired polyphony per track?
If so that we be rad, but whenever I hit poly mode, everything is off except the active track.
I downloaded Mono_105_syx_mid.zip from the support area on the Elektron website. There's no readme inside. Just a sysex file, a midi file, and a txt file with instructions on how to update, but no details as to what the update covers.

Where did everyone even find out about Dynamic Allocation?

-- iTrope
I downloaded Mono_105_syx_mid.zip from the support area on the Elektron website. There's no readme inside. Just a sysex file, a midi file, and a txt file with instructions on how to update, but no details as to what the update covers.

Where did everyone even find the readme?

-- iTrope
Cappy
It's in the TXT file. Scroll down below the installation instructions and you'll see it. It's a fairly cryptic list of the new o.s. features.
King Koopa
MD vs MnM interface 18 Years, 11 Months ago
i got my hands on a used MD in excellent condition...

now just having first jamming with it, i feel it's totally left handed!! i'm so used to how the buttons are arranged on MnM.

one thing though: any tips on having crisp, snappy hihats out of it?

-edit-

well i really can't stop comparing the two synths: gate box reverb sounds a bit better on MD and it has PREDELAY which definitley should be found on mono aswell!

e12 is pretty much the same samples that is on mono's beat box (am i right?) - i don't like 'em too much i'm afraid... on either synth.

cheers
Cappy
Re: MD vs MnM interface 18 Years, 11 Months ago
The drums are completely different in the BeatBox and the E12. No sample is reused from the E12 to the BeatBox at all. Also, the E12 is much more complex, interleaving several samples based on parameter settings etc, whereas the Beatbox is just short full-on samples.

Especially the BeatBox drums need some work with the track effects to make them sound unique.

I guess it doesn't matter that I say I love short snappy samples like those in the Mono BeatBox, since I designed it. I guess I've just had enough of giga-multi-samples...
Go to top Post Reply