As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Gear List Thread (you knew it was coming) v.2 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Gear List Thread (you knew it was coming) v.2
Hammer Bro
/
Re:Gear List Thread (you knew it was coming) v.2 15 Years, 11 Months ago
jsrockit wrote:
xibalba wrote:
^^^^

have its still for sale for the third time

(ive been wishy washy about selling it) but ive bought a few chiptuney stuff so i gotta cut it offically

Wait, didn't yours have issues?

i thought it did but it doesnt i was/am a noob to midi sequencing and it was my mpc that had the issues/causing the problem

if you want mine your more than welcome to have a week to test it out.
  The topic has been locked.
I'm very happy with my set up now -

Nord Wave - Multi synthesis - samples, FM, Waves, VA
MnM - Sequencing plus internal sounds
MDUW - drum machine and percussion provider
MEK - Hybrid bliss
Voyager RME - Analog Kicks and bass
FR Revolution - Oh Acid - sequencing the Voyager
Adrenalinn - FX for the monos + drum machine
K01 - melodies via neat scale function

in the living room I keep a small fortified Nintendo tower of 8 bit dreams.

My favorite 8 bit gear is midines. My favorite synth on a game system is the upcoming Korg DS10
Nils wrote:
Yeah, it's the Mercenary Ed.
I haven't found more than one API second hand (at a high price) , and I got a much better price on a Drawmer here in Norway. Price is (sadly) a very decisive factor for me.

I like the fact that the 1968 has valves (gimmickry??), a "big" switch for better bass response (like on the API?) and dual mono as well as stereo operation (unlike the API).

i think you'll be happy w/the drawmer. it gets hi marks from lot's of people. i was weighing the 1968 vs api 2500 and ended up w/the api because i found a used one that was essentially new for a good price w/full warranty etc. plus a friend has the api and i was able to get lot's of info/samples from him etc.

either way. i think once you get into this league of compressor that there is no bad one. it's just finding the sound you that works for you... and honestly i think there are a half dozen compressors in that price range that will get the job done nicely.

oh, the tubes in the 1968 are no gimmick and having dual mono capability is great.
jsrockit wrote:
stylinghead wrote:
pic

Very pretty... great set-up.

thanks!! i forgot to mention nanoloop 1.3 and 2.0 as well as a midi cable for them. i would have mentioned lsdj but i never figured it out. might be for sale along with the cheetah.
King Koopa
Is the cheetah still for sale?
and how much do you want for it?
Hammer Bro
/
dibs on lsdj if you sell it
Hammer Bro
/
papertiger wrote:
ThinkTanx wrote:
Funny how most everyone around here has now sold their Blofeld's: PT, JS, and Actuel, possibly others I don't know about.

batni still has hers. . . but she never sells aaaanything. =P

I sold it because with the ti and the blofeld, it was overkill. I don't want that many polysynths. i know they both have different sounds, but i would have to learn both. personally, i liked the interface on the blo more than the ti, but the ti's sound and effects kill -- it's just a far more sophisticated (and concomitantly expensive!!) machine.

i did get sad when i packed the blo up and almost reconsidered, but i know that she is going to a good home, to someone who is really excited to get her.

there're just too many fun things out there. . . and now i've discovered guitar pedals! =O

M

hey PT did you ever decide between the DL4 and Echo Pro?

theres an echo pro on VSE for 425.00 from a great seller.
Admin
i got the dl4 but am returning it. i like it ok, but this: http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/TimeFactor.aspx has some serious midi implementation that knocks my sox off and will expand usability. i could parameter lock the delay settings via the mono or just tweak away -- nice to have options. plus it's upgradeable. I'm picking one up tomorrow and will let you know how it goes!

thanks for the echo pro tip -- in terms of ergonomics how things are set up (I still need to take a pic!) a rack unit wouldn't be ideal for me. i realized that after researching guitar pedals at 3 am. lol. still though, the echo pro is pretty sweet. i wonder why line 6 stopped making them.

M
King Koopa
stylinghead wrote:

i gotta say it's been really hard narrowing down what i will really will use and i've bought, sold and traded a shitpile of gear over the last six or nine years. is there a thread detailing people journey through kit to get to where they are now with their setup?

i feel you. i find it hilarious sometimes to think about all the gear i have bought and sold to get to where i am at. there should be a thread about the gear journey. but it kind of gives me a headache to think about it.

i do know that my set-up is exclusively revolved around the performance aspect right now. i don't even have an audio interface at the moment. believe it or not i am more productive now than ever.
Hammer Bro
/
papertiger wrote:
i got the dl4 but am returning it. i like it ok, but this: http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/TimeFactor.aspx has some serious midi implementation that knocks my sox off and will expand usability. i could parameter lock the delay settings via the mono or just tweak away -- nice to have options. plus it's upgradeable. I'm picking one up tomorrow and will let you know how it goes!

thanks for the echo pro tip -- in terms of ergonomics how things are set up (I still need to take a pic!) a rack unit wouldn't be ideal for me. i realized that after researching guitar pedals at 3 am. lol. still though, the echo pro is pretty sweet. i wonder why line 6 stopped making them.

M

oh yea the timefactor i thought i almost scored a great deal on it once on craigslist the person had it listed for like 200 but it ended up he listed it wrong ah well

there are a couple of neat youtube vids on it but since you will be getting one yourself im sure you will know how cool it is
Go to top Post Reply