As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear MD Bug OS 1.20? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD Bug OS 1.20?
MD Bug OS 1.20? 18 Years, 11 Months ago
curious if someone can verify this. it's not exactly something major but still strange, hoping someone can verify:

it seems that the CTR-AL machine (and only that one as far as i see), when you go to record knob movements from the MD itself, will send on all 4 midi channels, not just one like the rest of them do. when i tweak any other machine on any of the other 15 tracks, they send on only one channel as explained in the MIDI Implementation Guide. but just the CTR-AL disregards what track it's on and the one midi channel it should use and just dumps out on all four.

it's not a big deal really, but it is odd...did i find a bug?

thanks
  The topic has been locked.
Re: MD Bug OS 1.20? 18 Years, 11 Months ago
Be sure to test it with Midi-OX on PC or Midi Monitor on Mac.

Also make sure you tell elektron.
i emailed MD tech support...will wait to hear back from them.
actually, MIDIOX verifies this. the CTRL-AL machine, when editing it from the 8 controller knobs, will send CC data on all 4 midi channels.

i emailed Elektron, no word...time for another
Re: MD Bug OS 1.20? 18 Years, 10 Months ago
actually, it's really fuked up, can someone do me a favor, open MIDIOX and verify this?

take any track 1-16, assign it a CTR-AL machine.

turn knob A for parameter 1 (SYN1, normally pitch)

see what MIDIOX records.

i get 14 different CC messages!

basically, it sends 10,28,48,60 (hex values) on all four MIDI channels, with the exception of excluding 10 for base channel, and 60 for base channel + 3.

10,28,48,60 are the proper values for parameter 1, but damn, it should only send one and only on one midi channel, not all of them!

can someone verify this?

i've emailed MD support three times now...
Cappy
TO me it seems as it is not a bug but different ways to see the function of the CTRL-AL. The CTRL-AL changes all the parameters, and all the parameters send CTRL-changes.

I can agree that it could be more practical that it only sent CTRL-change for itself. But I'd say it's more a feature request than a bug...
the problem is you can't record knob tweaks properly as automation. it simply doesn't transmit the correct CC#'s. so i really don't see it as a feature request at all. the CTRL-AL machine should be automatable just as any other machine, yet it's the only one i see that sends incorrect CC messages from the knobs.

try it...you'll see what i mean.
Cappy
Tried it and from what I could see it generated a massive amount of CC's, but correct ones in my experiment. However, I agree it's not useful and we've already updated the behaviour as you suggested for release in the next OS version.
great, thanks Daniel.

i was getting i think always 14 CC's. it would give 3-4 off each MD Midi channel. i wasn't always getting the correct CC's out of this bunch either.

anyway, glad to hear it's fixed...whenabouts on that new release? i can't WAIT now!! ;0
Go to top Post Reply