As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:LinnDrum II - Roger Linn & Dave Smith (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:LinnDrum II - Roger Linn & Dave Smith
Admin
Re:LinnDrum II - Roger Linn & Dave Smith 16 Years, 3 Months ago
Ish-ka wrote:
4 sets of 16 - all right!
64, is the magic number, yes it is, it's the magic number.
1x16 is: 16
2x16 is: 32
4x16 is: 64, the magic numberrr

this seems probable and pretty nice. again, i suppose we'll have to see how their implement the OS and how their targeting users using it. i'm staying open.

sorry guys, you only get 4 tracks.

"mean sandbox boy is throwing sand in our eye's!" "why?" "dunno"
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
jsrockit wrote:
I can't wait to hear these 64 track beats you guys make...

dude, wtf! because a few of us work in a different way, or have a preference that means being an ass?

seriously, why the hotheaded/snide remarks?

EDIT. check my virb account to hear MPC tracks with at least 40+ tracks. expecially the Live excerpt 1 & 2.

Last Edit: 2008/01/11 04:49
Admin
no one is asking the most important question: does it go to 11?
Game & Watch
actuel wrote:
jsrockit wrote:

dude, wtf! because a few of us work in a different way, or have a preference that means being an ass?

EDIT. check my virb account to hear MPC tracks with at least 40+ tracks. expecially the Live excerpt 1 & 2.

Jeez...I was joking. If I complain about a machine having not enough memory (the MDUW), I get reemed out. If I complain about a machine having too many tracks, I get reemed out. You guys take this stuff way too seriously. I'll leave for awhile and let things cool down around here.

Last Edit: 2008/01/11 05:33
jsrockit wrote:
actuel wrote:
jsrockit wrote:

Jeez...I was joking. If I complain about a machine having not enough memory (the MDUW), I get reemed out. If I complain about a machine having too many tracks, I get reemed out. You guys take this stuff way too seriously. I'll leave for awhile and let things cool down around here.

easy now all this is all guess work and fun.... no need to get mad up....

JS might be on to something about the 4 tracks good catch! If it has four tracks then fine - that's what I'll use. You'll hear no bitching from me about this gear. I'm simply not good enough to blame gear for my lack of creativity as a user.
Admin
jsrockit wrote:
actuel wrote:
jsrockit wrote:

Many apologize then JS. I didn't read it as a joke otherwise i wouldn't have responded so heatedly. Lord knows i like jokes, kidding about and good times. Your comments seemed pretty direct and snide and i didn't understand why, thus i reacted. No one reemed you about wanting more memory. I said, "i'd like to hear people do more with what they have". We can revisit that thread if necessary, but I'd rather not, as there's nothing to revisit except you taking my general feelings on the UW personally.

Well now it appears the table has turned. I hate for you to feel out of a misunderstanding that you need to stop being active in our site. I have no beef with you or your opinions. If you like less tracks, great. If you want more memory, wonderful. But others have opinions and feelings too. Just as you are vocal about yours, others are about there's, including me.

In this case, I personally felt attacked cause we had differing opinions. I really had know way to know you were being silly. As you posted very direct retorts on multiple occasions. In the end I don't care enough to get into some debate overs specs. I'm saddened that I'm even having to write this to explain myself.

While i may have an 'Admin' tag, in the end i'm just a 'user' like the rest of you. I'm not trying steer conversations or silence differing opinions. E-U welomes all. From the SP-202 flute players to those want 1,000,000,000 tracks.

Everyone has a voice here. I hope that we can amicably resolve this stupid and petty misunderstanding. Maybe it's me that needs a vacation.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
You guys get so worked up over the inter-ma-web

I hope it has ten trillion tracks, but the option to bounce down to 16
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
64 tracks?!
when I use all 16 tracks on my MD it gets waaaaaay, way over-crowded..

maybe for MIDI tracks, then it's great!
anyways, 64 tracks for percussion sounds is ridiculous

*check out my new drumset, I've got 1 bd, 1 sd, 1 hh, 1 cymbal .... and 60 tom-toms!*
Game & Watch
actuel wrote:

Many apologize then JS...

It's no big deal. I over-reacted in my last post.
Generally speaking, if there isn't a swear in my sentence, I'm not mad and I'm joking. I forgot a in my thread about the 64 tracks... and in no way was I dissing anyones music (since you know I like your stuff). Thank you for going out of your way... I appreciate it...

Now, hageir and I may just be rookies when it comes to this beat making stuff...so we can't fathom using 64 tracks. I keep it simple because my little brain just can't handle the data.

Last Edit: 2008/01/11 22:15
Game & Watch
megawatt wrote:

JS might be on to something about the 4 tracks good catch! If it has four tracks then fine - that's what I'll use.

No way man, 4 tracks is too little!!! (well, it is...but I'd still be into it as well...just not as much).
Go to top Post Reply