As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Site Bug & Features Request Thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Site Bug & Features Request Thread
Admin
Re:Official Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 4 Months ago
texmex wrote:
I find the visualisation of the current page quite hard to read. Could the current page be surrounded with bracketslike 1 2 [3] and preferrably with different color 1 2 [3]

This is a good suggestion. I will make an effort to get brackets and possibly even the a different color into the pagination next week. on coding hiatus while on vacation

On IE6 the layout is broken on pages where there are images larger than the post area ...

I just checked this in IE6. Everything is displaying as it should. I am using 'overflow scrollbars' for all the browsers. What this means is that images larger than 490px can be used but extend beyond the width of the message window. Therefor if a image of 800px is linked horizontal scrollbars then become active.

My hope in the future is that everyone will obey the width requirement of the new forum. In Xoops, we had it so that all images wider then the width of the message window would be truncated. Which while effective in maintaining width requirements, left many folks confused as to where the rest of their image went. I'm hoping the horizontal scrollbars will be a better solution and cause less confusion.

One nice thing about the BBC code on this site, that any user can easily adjust their image width with this code [img size=(01-490)link . Also, anyone uploading an image larger than 490 will be rejected.

links in the leftside signature that are longer than the area reserved to them... but as IE6 is not supported and I'm not using it as my default browser, that's okay. Have to check Opera as well.

Yeah, this is quandary I'm facing. I was hoping to not force users into width requirements in the signature column, but I am starting to think my hope was fleeting. Also, as far as browsers, what you see in IE6 with widths is what you'll see in Firefox & Safari as well. I'm still actually baffled that anyone smart enough to buy a Elektron product would use IE.

EDIT: So now anyone's links in the signature column that extend beyond the width requirements is truncated visually. The links though truncated visually still work as they're intended.
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/01/01 02:31
Admin
Re:Official Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 4 Months ago
per JGB 's wish: "Submit, Preview, Cancel" on post's, reply's, quote's, and edit's have been moved up. Enjoy!
Admin
Re:Official Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 3 Months ago
Ok, so I believe I may have fixed the session issue. Upon first login most of all the post will be marked as 'New', but this initial login is needed to initialize the new session counter. After this login your session should now record your viewing activity.

You still need to refresh your browser after hitting 'Mark as Read' for the posts to reflect their 'Read' status. (shrugs shoulders on that one)

Again, this is just an attempt but it appears to be working here for me. Let me know how it goes

Last Edit: 2008/01/02 04:17
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
when I visit:

www.elektron-users.com
it's like I'm not logged in, but when I click "Forums" at the top, I'm logged in
it's nothing serious, just some tiny bug
Admin
when I visit:

www.elektron-users.com
it's like I'm not logged in, but when I click "Forums" at the top, I'm logged in
it's nothing serious, just some tiny bug

I can't replicate this. Maybe you can give me a step-by-step on when and how this is happening? Also, what browser are you using.

If I'm logged in in any part of the site, the Login Form in the upper right reflects this. Whether I login from the home page, then navigate elsewhere, or if I login in to another subpage, such as the forum and navigate elsewhere.

The only thing I can think may have happened, is that your session ended or your browser is showing you 'cached' pages. I really don't know. I have tested this in multiple browsers and I"m not getting this.

thx for the report though. actually, thx everyopne for helping to improve the site.
Hammer Bro
Don't know if someone already ask for, "but can you add an option view new post since last visit", or just tell where is this button ! it's the only thing i use in forums.
the command show lastests post show me the main menu.
Admin
howdragonsdisappear wrote:
Don't know if someone already ask for, "but can you add an option view new post since last visit", or just tell where is this button ! it's the only thing i use in forums.

It's under the 'User Menu' > Show Latests Posts. Sometimes you need to hit is twice, so it can set a session time.

Works well though.
Hammer Bro
thank's it's ok now
Admin
I've editing the site session time to go for several hours now. It was defaulted for 30 minute sessions. So unless you manually logout, you'll stay logged in for several hours now by default.

I'm just testing this out. If anyone objects to not being automatically logged out after a short period of time, please speak up I have no problem going back to the older shorter session time. I personally don't feel either way about it.

thx.
a
King Koopa
actuel wrote:
howdragonsdisappear wrote:

It's under the 'User Menu' > Show Latests Posts. Sometimes you need to hit is twice, so it can set a session time.

Works well though.

Can't you do something with the Show Latest Posts needing two clicks because it's quite annoying. I'd rather have it take longer to load the page than displaying some redundant info... or at least make it refresh itself after 1 sec or so... I only check the latest post when after logged in, I seldom keep logged in for hours.

BTW, big images f*ck up the layout at least on Opera 9. See for example
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=19931&catid=9

Couldn't the images larger than width of the available space have their width attribute field fixed to max width? If the avail space is 800 then image with 1024x768 would be capped to 800x600... And the maybe clicking the image would open a popup/layer with 1:1 image

Can has plz
Go to top Post Reply