As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Site Bug & Features Request Thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Site Bug & Features Request Thread
Hero of Winds
Re:Posting related bugs/features 16 Years, 4 Months ago
Yeah, can we somehow fix the unread topic bug aswell? There's some posts I've read about 5 times now haha.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
yeah, for whatever reason you have to refresh you browser though it refreshes upon hitting 'Mark as Read' or if you have read it already. there is now a 'mark all as read' in each category. look at the bottom of the of the forum.

kinda odd, i know. refreshy-fresh!

Last Edit: 2007/12/24 03:20
jgb
Boo
actuel wrote:
Well I don't see this as a bug at all. Just a personal preference of yours. If you can move you hand to push the 'tab' key, you can just as easily just select the 'Submit' button.

Not a technical bug, but a usability bug. Which I have not seen on any other forum.

When designing products (software and hardware), make it easy to do the most common things the way people expect it to function. Like Elektron's products. Move the buttons with submit/previw/cancel above the fields for browsing for files and everything is fine with me.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Unable to get the Show New Posts Since Last Visit option to save as my Bookmark in the latest version of Safari, always dumps me back to the main forum page. Here's the link I was using:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=latest&do=show&sel=0

If there's a better one, let me know please, thanks.
Admin
try this one:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=latest

additionally, if you check for 'Recents' often you may consider the RSS option of the board (lower right).

/a

Last Edit: 2007/12/24 13:20
Game & Watch
Tried to upload files in the Audio / Monomachine section and although it states uploaded etc, they appear nowhere and couldn't find them with the search function.

Or is there a validation process now ?

Last Edit: 2007/12/24 17:18
Admin
eminor9 wrote:
Tried to upload files in the Audio / Monomachine section and although it states uploaded etc, they appear nowhere and couldn't find them with the search function.

Or is there a validation process now ?

Yeah, sorry for the delay but all files now have to be approved. This is being done to help keep the Files both organized and safe from malicious content. Your files are now up!
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Thanks.
Admin
jgb wrote:
Not a technical bug, but a usability bug. Which I have not seen on any other forum.

again, this is not a bug, nor a usability 'bug'... it's a preference. this site adheres to web standards. maybe not all the latest web technologies, but all supported and outlined by the W3C. there is no official current standard by which all forum software and community boards should and shouldn't do things.

anyway, i hope you can manage to use the site with this 'usability bug'

additionally, thanks for the education (or was it condescension?) on designing hardware & software products. i had know idea, life changing really! (ok, christmas holiday sarcasm over)

i do appreciate the reports everyone. be sure to include in your reports: your browser and operating system, and what you were doing.

cheers all!

Last Edit: 2007/12/26 05:47
Admin
with JGB's permission i've 'stickied' this thread and have changed the name to: "Official Bugs & Feature Request Thread".

now carry-on!
Go to top Post Reply