As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Elektron-Users Ver.2...next week offline (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Elektron-Users Ver.2...next week offline
Admin
Re: Elektron-Users Ver.2...next week offline 16 Years, 4 Months ago

OrsanKart wrote:
actuel you tease!!

hahah, i know, i know! the short version goes like this: elektron-users domain name is owned by Elektron, as they are the ones who registered the name back when Glaive approached them about starting the site almost 3 years ago. this site is solely maintained by myself & occasionally Glaive but I had to contact Elektron about contacting their domain provider about changing the DNS. We'll that request has been made and everything is in order. Now we're just waiting for the new DNS to change so it will reflect the new server, our new home...phew!

tic toc, tic toc...
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re: Elektron-Users Ver.2...next week offline 16 Years, 4 Months ago

papertiger wrote:
yeah, I'm with Orsan. When you say the dingo's gonna eat my baby, the damn dingo better eat it when it said it was going to!!

don't cry dingo!

Chain Chomp
Re:Elektron-Users Ver.2...next week offline 16 Years, 4 Months ago
I like the new look. What did you use to create it?
I can't help mentioning the slight similarity to http://www.ghostly.com/
Admin
Re:Elektron-Users Ver.2...next week offline 16 Years, 4 Months ago
udenjoe wrote:
I like the new look. What did you use to create it?
I can't help mentioning the slight similarity to http://www.ghostly.com/

Hey thx udenjoe! The site uses the open source cms software Joomla. It's a wonderful cms, a wee bit of a learning curve and it definitely takes some effort to customize, but very flexible and a wonderful support community. Aside from the Joomla site software mostly Adobe Photoshop, Panic's Coda, and varies DOM inspectors were used.

Haa, funny you mention Ghostly International, they're friends . I can see that reference a little bit in the new 'ghost' icon but otherwise I tried to use a rather generic but easy on the eyes color palette.

thx again for the kind remarks. Let me know if you have more specific questions about setting up a Joomla site or community. I definitely have experience now!

peace
a

Last Edit: 2007/12/25 05:08
Go to top Post Reply