As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Techno collaboration on the MD (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Techno collaboration on the MD
Goomba
Techno collaboration on the MD 18 Years, 11 Months ago
I like the sound of all this collaboration MD contest stuff. In the meantime though does anybody fancy writing some techno with me. MD only. I was thinking i could do 4 parts send it off, you do 4 parts send back, and so on. Once we have finished with all 16 tracks blaring we will both have a jam with the pattern and then send each other the mp3's. We could even work with 2 patterns at the same time, so while i'm working on one you are working on the other.

Sounds like fun, anybody up for it.

Oh i don't want to team up for any wishy washy shite. I want to write some bangin stuff. It's what the MD was made for.

Peace,
T.
  The topic has been locked.
Re: Techno collaboration on the MD 18 Years, 11 Months ago
wow! I'm sorry for this, but that is a really idiotic thing to say. the MD is an instrument and was made to make music, not just "bangin' stuff." you may see it that way, and that's fine. but you don't have to dis what other people see it being good for.
Yoshi
what is experienced as 'banging techno' or 'whishy whashy' is totally subjective of course...

but i'm in for it. don't mind a good banging from time to time
Killer Beez
I too am confused by this wishy washy stuff. However, whenever I turn on my MD its banging no matter what I do - the thing hits hard!

oh, and welcome to the forum.
Goomba
Oh don't take it so seriously, i don't just listen to Techno you know. My post before was just letting people know i'm up for writing some techno. And to be honest before i had a MachineDrum i wrote a lot mellower kind of tune, the MachineDrum just screams techno at me, sometimes i wonder if the machine is writing the tunes or me.

Peace
T.
cool. yeah, it just annoys me when anyone tries to say that piece of gear X should only be used for style Y.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Kazoos should only be used for Klezmer
Killer Beez
I have never heard Klezmer with a Kazoo! Nor do I want to.
Killer Beez
oh - and Zappa's band used Kazoos all the time! It rocked!
Cappy
I want a Kazoo, now !
Go to top Post Reply