As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:Farewell Elektron Users (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Farewell Elektron Users
Game & Watch
Re:Farewell Elektron Users 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Another vote for keep EU alive!

Who is on charge?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
I'll be very sad to see this place close, it is by far the best user/electronic music themed forum out there and I've always regularly visited, even when not using/owning Elektron gear.
I've picked up lots of valuable knowledge and been made aware of fantastic music I may never have found otherwise and I'm very grateful for that, thanks.

Hopefully Elektronauts will keep what this place has alive.
Boo
anselmi wrote:
Another vote for keep EU alive!

I agree, enauts is not up to snuff yet.
Chain Chomp
The closer it comes to this place being shut down, the more ridiculous I think it is.

Elektronauts is not up to scratch yet. The info here is easy to access and obviously has far more depth. There is also clearly a lot of folk who want this place to stay alive. Why not just do it??????

But honestly why not, whats the harm.

I dont think the vibe from here will be replicated over at Elektronauts ever. I think the life and soul of this place was that it is community driven. The community was born from a few way back when there were only 2 machines (sorry sid station) I came in 2010 and was not part of the foundation of the forum but have enjoyed being along for the ride since joining.

Now that with 4 machines and a much larger and diverse user base it will not be possible to re create the vibe. (in saying that i am not being negative towards new users at all)

To some this may be a good thing, a shiny new forum to use (can see that perspective).

I will just be sad not too come here for lots of amazing info in the future and to be honest a forum at the moment that i think works in a far simpler and effective fashion than its new cousin.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
While I agree that the new forum is not quite as easy to use as this one, the fact remains that for a LONG time now this forum software has been outdated and it takes a LOT of time every single day removing all the spam that finds it's way here.

Personally, I'd rather Elektron spent their time working on new gear and OS updates than deleting spam. Change is always hard, but it's the same group of people on the new forum that were here, the vibe is just as good even if the forum navigation isn't
Chain Chomp
Tarekith wrote:

Personally, I'd rather Elektron spent their time working on new gear and OS updates than deleting spam.

Very good reason to have a community driven forum.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
People are more than welcome to set up a new Elektron forum on their own if they want. No one stepped up when Actual passed away, so Elektron took the reins to make sure we all can continue to have a place to hang out and share ideas.
tIB
Boo
Tarekith wrote:
People are more than welcome to set up a new Elektron forum on their own if they want. No one stepped up when Actual passed away, so Elektron took the reins to make sure we all can continue to have a place to hang out and share ideas.

I don't think it was quite as simple as no one stepping up; I wouldn't know where to start as in terms of who the forum was with, how its set up, how to get the super admin login etc. it was fraught with problems, and credit to elektron for getting that side of things sorted.

In an ideal world I'd like this place to continue to be open for posting on- i know that another eu forum template has been created and could indeed be activated if people wanted it... and the person who set it up was happy to take on the work.

For me its about the history of is place though- I'd happily continue to post here as it is now, I'm not so sure I want a new elektron user forum though for whatever reason.
Hammer Bro
Yo all,

(yeah i'm still here )

So i'm embarassed.
Concept of official forum totally scare me.
i'm still an elektron fan, but i still consider them as a business..
I don't want it.

that surely sound harsh and silly ... i know ... i won't say more about it .. that's not the subject here ...

For sure this forum is too old and we need a new one.
That's not elektron Fault they only try to help us, it not ours fault too, maybe the community have become too big to be handle by a community ... the more people there are, the less people we know, hard to be as near as we were before, hard to be enough united to handle this big community ...

In my dream, we are powerful, united, and elektron give up elektronauts and give the keys to the community
But that's only a dream ..
i dream too much as always

So, i hope to meet you all somewhere, got still some old contacts on ohpeewon, SC & FB

Thanks to all, i 've had some really great time on here, there so much great people i've talk to during the last years. This community will always be a example for me.
So much Generous, Honest people on here was united with passion, in the way to learn, exchange, and have fun

I don't say elektronauts will be a bad thing.. and surely elektron-users have lost his community charm some years ago..

So, I LOVE YOU ALL (yeah i don't know the newbies, but anyway). if i can help anyone for anything, if i can help the community, don't hesitate to contact me ! you'll stay in my heart !

See you soon all, nothin is an end

LOVE !

(thx kirlian for the kind words ^^)
(sorry all for this poor english)

special thanks to Glaive, Actuel, Daniel, Toni, Papertiger, Tarekith annd all ^^ (the list is so long i prefer stop now ... )
tIB
Boo
For someone who claims to be poor at English you've nailed all my thoughts on the matter!

Beer to you!
Go to top Post Reply