As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Re:This Forum Died (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:This Forum Died
Cappy
This Forum Died 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Seriously. I've noticed a drastic decline in activity here recently.

Also with the news from Elektron about wanting to build their own forum (which will not be any time soon I'm sure) and the inability for people to improve this crumbling forum or even pitch in (I've offered my professional services and haven't been taken up on that offer yet)...

I am willing to build a new Elektron Users forum and can get free hosting through my work (the principal of my agency is cool like that).

QUESTION:
If I build a new, fancy, spam-free, searchable, high functioning forum will you follow?

Let's keep this great community alive.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:This Forum Died 10 Years, 9 Months ago
The electronauts forum is live and in beta. Most of us are already active there. It needs some work, but has potential.

That said: I'd be willing to be active on an additional forum as this one will be locked eventually.
Cappy
I wish they would hurry up and open it for the rest of us. I've been waiting for a password for weeks
Chain Chomp
Yup.. I don't like it here anymore and the time it takes for the new forum to be available for elektron-users is long. I miss reading up on peoples activities and listening to their work and sharing an occasional rant.

Hopefully it won't take months
Cappy
Yeah the problem has been a bit like a hell lately, especially after those ”Kitchen spam-bot” starts to popup like mushrooms.

Another thing is the forum split-up under “Elektron gear” it’s so messy after Elektron made more products, they should have done under categories.
King Koopa
With Elektronauts being launched soon(ish) i very much doubt i'd join any other Elektron based forum. The idea of splinter forums for the same group bugs me.
Goomba
Octatrack, Minibrute, Virus A, T-Resonator, Monomachine, MicroModular, RNC
Although I am quite new to this forum, I very much think it is (its community is!!!) something very special.
I do hope, that there will be a good start for the new forum. To split up in a company-driven and a community-driven forum would be very, very sad.
So I do really hope, that the new forum will be able to follow into the steps of this great community and preserve the spirit!
However, it gives mixed feelings that it takes so long to even start (or open for all of us) the elektronauts-think.
But right now at this moment of developments I will be a little bit more patient ...

Keep the spirit!!!
Game & Watch
Re:This Forum Died 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Gotta say it but I pretty much hate the Elektronauts site as it stands at present, bad layout, buggy, not a fan of the colour scheme, hopefully it will be improved, if not then I doubt I'll be very active there. I have tried to post quite a few topics there and end up giving up because it does not work at all well on iOS.

At present all the guys wishing it would be made public quicker, believe me you are not missing much right now, hopefully it will be fixed and improved though.

Personally I do think there is room for another unofficial forum once this one has closed.
Hammer Bro
darenager wrote:

Personally I do think there is room for another unofficial forum once this one has closed.

i really think that too..
Ink
Goomba
long time lurker. if an official forum opens ill definitely be using that for elektron topics. i might be interested in visiting a 3rd party forum for general hardware chitchat etc.......... if it's active. or at least more active/interesting than the official one assuming theyve got an "other gear" section. long story short i think creating another independent elektron forum at this stage would be pretty pointless ? kool that youre motivated and willing to do so anyway.. kudos!
Go to top Post Reply