As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6
Goomba
Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 10 Years, 6 Months ago

I'm sure A LOT of elektronauts will be interested in this kit on the new board as well.

Thanks! I'll be sure to do that.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
@Diane:

Thanks for that detailed response! helps a lot. Until I get the QuNexus and Midi Expander and register the products, it seems only then will I be allowed to have access to download the editor and a lot of other stuff for it on KMI website. My CV Connection Cable Kit will arrive from KMI next week as well...pretty excited. Watched many videos on KMI and loved the dramtic "Mission Impossible Theme" you were playing and the drama unfolding with your team. The QuNexus strapped to a Watermelon and dropped out a one story window, being driven over, and hosed--and still working is incredible....totally get off on this kind of stuff. Cool company!

Does *anyone* know if the QuNexus would be able to be connected to the midi in of the Analog Four and use THAT expressive playing to input notes within the A4 rather than just the mini keys on A4 so real playing expression and modulation could be played-in rather than having to always go in and add AT, Velo, et al with P-Locks after the fact? Anyone try? If not, I may be the "test subject"...LOL!

Thanks again Diane, printed that out to add to my addendum to Elektron manuals!
Goomba
Thanks for that detailed response!
No problem!

Does *anyone* know if the QuNexus would be able to be connected to the midi in of the Analog Four and use THAT expressive playing to input notes within the A4

It should... I will be able to tell you for sure soon because I have one on order now.

That's the first thing I was going to try as soon as it gets here - I've already read up on it in the manual and QuNexus -> midi expander -> Analog 4 should work similarly to the monomachine.

This would allow you to either play the currently selected voice using the "Auto-Channel" (default 10) or stack the voices by using QuNexus channel rotation, where the first key you press plays a note and its pressure/tilt modulate track 1, the second note controls track 2, etc.

I can't swear to this because I haven't tried it yet, but according to the manual it should work. QuNexus does some fancy things, but it's all normal midi. No need for drivers either!

-Diane
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
My QuNexus and Midi Expander arrives end if week or early next week as well. As I am definitely still learning the A4, please post your findings and any creative ways of doing just as we are hoping, if you will?! I still cannot believe the reasonable pricing of KMI gear!! Well, can say the same about the Analog Four as well!! These are great times to be immersed in creativity!
Goomba
Halo - have you tried either the QuNexus or QuNeo with the MachineDrum? I'm specifically wondering about playing melodic lines with it.

Thanks in advance!
Goomba
I'll put something together for you and get back to you.
Goomba
Thanks!
Cappy
I'm so thrilled 'bout these.... Got my eye on a 2nd hand Quneo for the MachineDrum as well

Qunexus arrives Monday
Goomba
Halo of Teeth wrote:
Thanks for that detailed response!
No problem!

Does *anyone* know if the QuNexus would be able to be connected to the midi in of the Analog Four and use THAT expressive playing to input notes within the A4

It should... I will be able to tell you for sure soon because I have one on order now.

That's the first thing I was going to try as soon as it gets here - I've already read up on it in the manual and QuNexus -> midi expander -> Analog 4 should work similarly to the monomachine.

This would allow you to either play the currently selected voice using the "Auto-Channel" (default 10) or stack the voices by using QuNexus channel rotation, where the first key you press plays a note and its pressure/tilt modulate track 1, the second note controls track 2, etc.

I can't swear to this because I haven't tried it yet, but according to the manual it should work. QuNexus does some fancy things, but it's all normal midi. No need for drivers either!

-Diane

@Diane: Am I correct in reading when using the Midi Expander as the micro USB from QuNexus as Midi Express to a hardware midi device, that the external midi hardware needs to be set to midi channel 2? If so, how would this work with midi channel rotation?

Both KMI devices arrive today but will be out doing field recordings so thought to ask and/or you could help clear my brain-fog on this!
Thanks in advance!
Cappy
No luck yet
the iconnect simply doesn't "see" any incoming MIDI
Only spent half an hour or so.... Will keep tryin' !
Go to top Post Reply