As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Ping G20 irons with Large Sweet Spot Review (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ping G20 irons with Large Sweet Spot Review
Goomba
Ping G20 irons with Large Sweet Spot Review 10 Years, 6 Months ago
I'm an 11 handicap, and play twice a week. In April I bought a set of ping i20 irons for sale. I was so excited to have the clubs I pined for. The first thing I noticed is that I started hitting a trap draw, with side spin. I hit some of the best shots of my life.

One day I played with a 4 handicap who had a set of G202s. He was obviously better than me, and I asked him why he played the G202s over the i202s. He said the G202s are more consistent and that he likes a vertical spin ball rather than a side spin ball. Well, he planted an evil seed in my mind, and every shot I mist hit, I could see where he was coming from. So, I saved my cash, and hid it from my wife, and bought a set of G202s for myself.

The ping g20 irons are designed to deliver superior distance, control, accuracy, and performance. Forgiveness and accuracy are achieved through extreme perimeter weighting in the 17-4 stainless steel head. A multi-material cavity badge made of soft elastomer improves feel and sound while enhancing distance control, allowing you to play your best golf.

Consistent, precise distance control was achieved by using a thin face backed by a floating CTP structure. Weight in the back flange of the deeply cut, multi-cavity head increases the MOI. Combined with PING’s new CFS steel shaft, the G20 optimizes feel and trajectories. The hosel-to-head transition and clean appearance of the cheap golf clubs G20's inspire confidence at address that the ball will launch clean and easy from any lie on the course.

The G202s are tons easier to hit. The ball flights 20% higher. The longer irons are sooo much better that it's weird. To be honest, the 9, W, U of the i202s are better, but they are not much better than the G202s. The 4,5,6,7,8 of the G202s are light years better than the i202s. I have the luxury of having the clubs of choice in my bag, but if I had to have only one set, I'd go with the G202s – by far.

The vertical spin of the G202s makes the ball spin backwards, and the balls stop better on the green. In summation – Now I aim at the pin, and the ball mostly flies at the pin. I hadG15 Irons for sale the first round I played with them, all because I was nearer the pin.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply