As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
Re:OT feature requests 10 Years, 10 Months ago
I'd love to have an easy way to re-organize patterns (as in move pattern A to say pattern F, without losing pattern F, so that the placement of the patterns just shifted) without having to use song-mode, and also be able to name patterns.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
fakeafaik wrote:
The ability to assign an LFO to the filter effect (or any other effect) & have it clocked.

Speed = 32, mult = 16, trig = sync trig

will give you quarter note speed synced to track start. Take it from there.
Cappy
Octatrack (Newbie)
DSI Tempest
DSI Mopho Keyboard
Moog Little Phatty SEII
Nord Lead 2X Rack
Yamaha DX7
Yamaha DX21
Maschine
Ableton
Logic
Ah! Now I'll just have to learn how to create a sync trig!

I'm guessing once the sync trig is created, adjusting the speed & mult will change the rate?
Cappy
My current understanding is that to slice a sample recorded into a track you have to do the following:

1. Hold down [TRACK] and press [BANK] to pull up Audio Editor
2. Press Amp to get to Slice page
3. Press [Enter/Yes] to pull up Slice menu
4. Press down arrow to highlight "Create Slice Grid"
4. Press [Enter/Yes] to create slice grid
5. Press [Enter/Yes] when you get the "zero crossings" confirmation dialog
6. Press down arrow to get to "Create Random Locks"
7. Press [Enter/Yes]
8. Press [Enter/Yes] again to confirm

That's a lot of button presses for a live looping musician. Also, none of these operations are accessible over MIDI.

Thus, my request is for a Quick Slice feature that can be triggered by one press (button combo is fine) and also by MIDI CC#. The Quick Slice feature should have a setup page that allows user to select number of slices, a Yes/No preference for zero crossings, and a Linear/Random preference. It would be fine with me if the Quick Slice preference page was global and not configurable by track, although I won't complain if it turns out to be configurable by track. After the Quick Slice operation is performed, the slices are automatically assigned to sample trigs.

This way as a looping musician, there's no noticeable 30-90 second lag between me stopping from playing guitar, viola, or whatever to loop via Pickup Machine, and getting slice playback going on a sequencer.

Check out the Yellofier app for IOS. With just one button press, it will sample up to 15 seconds of audio, immediately slice the sample into 8 slices, and assign them to pads (triggers) for you. Much faster than 8 button presses!
Goomba
This may or may not have been mentioned, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have threshold based sampling. You press the sample button (or a trigger is fired in the SEQ) but the OT waits until the audio crosses a specific set level before it records for a set length. It kinda how most traditional samplers work, I know, but think about how interesting that could get when used with the sequencer!
Re:OT feature requests 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Better settings when using four mono inputs instead of two stereo inputs:

- Individual "DIR"-settings for each input in the mixer menu (e.g. turning data entry knob b changes DIR-setting for input A, pressing function/cue and turning entry knob b changes the DIR-setting for input B...)

- Individual noise gate setting for each input

Noise gate settings per part/bank/pattern:

This would be very useful for people using the OT for vocals. E.g. if you have a verse with whispering vocals you don't want any noise gate, but in the chorus with screaming vocals with lots of delay you need the gate to avoid feedback...
Killer Beez
I'm sure its been mentioned before but an option to auto rearm one shot sample trigs on pattern change would sure be extremely practical.

btw, just wondering if a single feature request from these 117 pages have ever been implemented, or are we just blowing hot air?
Goomba
I'm sure someone has mentioned this:

Yes/No Confirmation prompt for clear all patterns (function-play outside of "record" mode) - I realize you can undo a clear but I've fucked up so much stuff by accident in the process of learning to use this machine that it's not even funny anymore
N_Rain wrote:

btw, just wondering if a single feature request from these 117 pages have ever been implemented, or are we just blowing hot air?

Yes quite a lot has been. The OT came out with a lot of work still to be done on the OS. Posting here does not mean HQ has read it though. If you think something really needs to be heard, open a support ticket on the elektron site support page and describe your idea.
Cappy
Octatrack (Newbie)
DSI Tempest
DSI Mopho Keyboard
Moog Little Phatty SEII
Nord Lead 2X Rack
Yamaha DX7
Yamaha DX21
Maschine
Ableton
Logic
the ability to transpose a midi pattern, even if only by octaves, would be amazing!
Go to top Post Reply