As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Chain Chomp
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years ago
123bpm wrote:
lots od nerdish suggestions.

How about a simple threshold sampling?

How about being practical?
that was the 1st request I ever made and I mailed it Elektron too. I doubt I was the 1st one.

I throw out weird ideas because it's stuff that I think might be fun.

@license
I've tried messing with the pickup machines for overdubbing/mixing, but it's tricky. Hopefully we'll be able to do more sequencing of them or something in future updates or flex machines will be able to do it too. That actually give me an idea to try with the pickup machines....

If you set an LFO or scene to change the pitch or speed of your flex machine(s) and then resampled that track with a pickup machine, it might be an interesting way to build chords or sequences by punching in and out and overdubbing at different times.
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Re:OT feature requests 10 Years, 11 Months ago

Not being able to change the pitch to chipmunk or darth vader levels has long been a bummer.

Another +1

On threshold sampling and envelope followers, that's trivially easy and I'll be very surprised if we don't see it at some point - it's essentially just a rectifier followed by a static LP filter, and it doesn't need to be especially accurate.
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
I wish that saving a project would include saving all recorder buffers assigned to tracks including sample slices, and basically just everything connected to the project. Would just make things a whole lot easier, and you wouldn't hold your breath every time you opened up a project you worked on the day before to see if all the parts were still there.

Oh, and threshold sampling, obviously.
Goomba
I would really like to see some options in the attributes page to change the pitch of a sample: a parameter to change the cents value +/- 50 and also a parameter to change the semitone value +/- 12. Granted things would start to sound quite strange if you pitched a sample down 12 semitones in the attributes menu and then pitched it down another 12 semitones in chromatic playback mode due to the time-stretching algorithm, but strange is (can be) good! Also, it would be great if we could route the midi arpegiator to an audio track internally. You can effectively do this by connecting a midi cable from the midi out to the in and some interesting results can certainly be achieved. This. however, is rather inconvenient and some strange behaviour can also be observed by doing this at times. Ok, I know I'm starting to ask for a lot now! But one last thing.. A playback option to play the comb filter chromatically on the trig keys. I really want to be able to utilise the CF but I just find it a bit unusable currently. I think this option could be a very useful addition!
JES
King Koopa
Just a quick note to say you CAN link comb filter parameters to scenes, which means it can be played with the crossfader, which turns out to be incredibly fun.
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
JES wrote:
Just a quick note to say you CAN link comb filter parameters to scenes, which means it can be played with the crossfader, which turns out to be incredibly fun.

Not only with the crossfader, but if you don't mind using up a bunch of scenes, you can play the comb filter like a keyboard: move the crossfader all the way to one side and switch scenes with the trig keys.
Goomba
Feature request:

Add Envelope follower at the LFO wave select in the LFO setup page.

( like: EF1-EF8 selecting the volume envelop of your desired track)

As I suppose the compressor already uses this functionallity, so I hope it can be implemented, and would make me soooo happy.

I promise I won't complain about the glitches at sudden transients . Maybe we'd need to have an adjustable sensitivity option.
King Koopa
a way to save scenes separately from parts, so you could make scenes on the fly and still use part reload without losing them. maybe in the parts menu... "save scenes to part" or something like that.
Boo
- A simple straight-forward way to assign LFO’s (without even having to look at the screen!)

This would be done much in a similar way to how midi assignment in CC DIRECT CONNECT works.

Go to the LFO page. Press [FUNCTION] + knob A (LFO 1) to initiate LFO parameter learn. A Box pops up saying “Waiting for parameter assignment”. Jump to any track parameter page and just press (click) the parameter knob that you want assign LFO 1 to. To cancel the assignment while the message box is still up - press “EXIT/NO”. Knobs B and C on the LFO track parameter page represents LFO 2 and 3 (not LFO Setup page).

I hope this gets implemented one day as I think it would shine a new light on the LFO page.
Chain Chomp
DONAU wrote:
- A simple straight-forward way to assign LFO’s (without even having to look at the screen!)

This would be done much in a similar way to how midi assignment in CC DIRECT CONNECT works.

Go to the LFO page. Press [FUNCTION] + knob A (LFO 1) to initiate LFO parameter learn. A Box pops up saying “Waiting for parameter assignment”. Jump to any track parameter page and just press (click) the parameter knob that you want assign LFO 1 to. To cancel the assignment while the message box is still up - press “EXIT/NO”. Knobs B and C on the LFO track parameter page represents LFO 2 and 3 (not LFO Setup page).

I hope this gets implemented one day as I think it would shine a new light on the LFO page.

+100000000000!
Go to top Post Reply