As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Cappy
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 2 Months ago
SLOT MODE does the drum map thing in a way......but why o' why isn't it playable by a midi controller ? my padkontrol is longing for it.....and how long will the trig buttons endure my frantic finger drumming
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
I finished reading this whole topic..

..2 things:

The discussion overlaps major OS updates, so certain requests were incorporated or simple rendered useless.

My second frustration is that the requests are often beautiful and creative ideas, but when they apply all these new features to this already complicated interface and operating system, it will become impossible to use.

Maybe we should have another discussion where we discuss and try to create workarounds, tips and solutions for every single request in this thread, one by one. Because people ask for these on a daily basis and the octatrack is capable.

Opinions?
1.22 is a step in the right direction...

If I can see note length recording in the audio sequencer I promise ill never post in this thread again...

in the meantime.. please elektron!!!!!!! so close.
^ I just saw that analog four got this feature added 1.04c.. great news but.... before the octatrack!!!

thats just not fair!!!!
King Koopa
rhizome wrote:
think I got a good one this time...
for saving batches samples in the OT! $filename - $buffer - $time, you get it.

right?

actually, it would even be great if when doing 'save all recordings' the second track just picked up with what you named the first, and you could choose to assign to static or free flex or nowhere instead of the buffer slot...
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
New machine type: "Pitch"

- Uses flex memory.
- Has configurable modulation destinations for pitch (e.g. rate, loop length, comb filter tuning, filter width, etc.)
- Has configurable modulation destinations for velocity (e.g. volume, start point, comb filter feedback, filter width, etc.)
- Can use full keyboard range on its channel to play melodies/basslines. Obviously not chords
- Portamento/glide option.
- BONUS: Can group multiple tracks, allowing for polyphony.
- BONUS: Can pitch beyond +/- 1 octave.
- BONUS: Can use slices for keymapping, though obviously not in some way that requires annoying menu diving.
Chain Chomp
Mapping the repeat rate to the keys.
So when you select if you want the buttons to be keys (chromatic, samples, slices, etc.) there would be a "REPEAT RATE".
It doesn't have to be chromatic but it would map out different repeat rates to the buttons. Then maybe make it possible to change the rates to each button.

Also when changing the recorded sample parameters for example bpm, and maybe I'm not understanding the math, but I would expect this would do some time stretch. The problem I have is that I'll do this:
1. record sample something that is at 110 bpm while the bpm is at 110 flex recorder.
2. Slice linear or random. 16 evenly spaced out.
3. get a new sample source at different bpm say 90bpm with the same track same pattern.
4. the slices are then mapped differently.

I think they become mapped to half of the whole sample (64 length of recording time)
I would expect the slices to be remapped to the new sample. Or half if the bpm was half but the slices are only going through half the sample.

So then I have to delete the slices, I can't just create slice. If I don't delete the create slice will still put the slices on half the sample.
King Koopa
udenjoe wrote:
Mapping the repeat rate to the keys.
So when you select if you want the buttons to be keys (chromatic, samples, slices, etc.) there would be a "REPEAT RATE".
It doesn't have to be chromatic but it would map out different repeat rates to the buttons. Then maybe make it possible to change the rates to each button.

If I'm reading this correctly, this is already possible? Function+down until you get to Delay Control trig mode. All tracks with active delay are green on t9-t16 and t1-t8 switches delay rate value.

EDIT: page 84 in the manual

D.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
SecretMusic wrote:
Unfortunately, due to the "sampler" nature of the OT, and the fact that it can stream extremely long samples from the card, sequencer mute doesn't really make much sense, as this wouldn't mute a long track you've got playing, which was triggered by a one shot trig, or manually.

What would have helped is to have the "direct" parameter from the delay setup menu as a lockable parameter.

I'm thinking it either puts the envelope of the currently playing sample to its release phase and/or cuts off the sample but leaves the effects live. It is very annoying to have delay and reverb tails cut off sometimes.

Another vote (again) for MIDI triggering of slots/slices. That would be killer.
King Koopa
anigbrowl wrote:
Another vote (again) for MIDI triggering of slots/slices. That would be killer.
it seems like slices should be possible, since that's just another plock, like pitch. however, you would ideally have 64 consecutive MIDI notes to trig the slices, and the current spec does not have 64 consecutive notes free in any range... hopefully they can think of something.

new request: if a track is set to play free, track+play triggers the track instead of the sample. I like to use free playing tracks, but it's cumbersome to go back to track trig mode all the time just for that. I also prefer how the numerical values are displayed below the knobs in the other trig modes.

not new one: option for free playing tracks to continue to play when pattern is switched (playing the new pattern).
Go to top Post Reply