As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Goomba
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 3 Months ago
feature request: I want to avoid any midi delay. Why can I not apply a negative delay to all midi tracks? Globally? Something I can do in Logic. I hate any slight delay, very annoying.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 3 Months ago
Aha, so it might not have been a bug afterall. I just saved the project from project/save. It seems that I still have some manual reading to do...
Goomba
OT, MD, Ti, Telemark, Gaia
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 2 Months ago
an easy 2 finger key combination that: clears all track parameter settings (filters, sliding, edits, etc.) to have a complete empty track.
Chain Chomp
Allready mentioned, I hope..

- External midi clocking of pickup machines
- Copy banks (I am creating templates and would like to create them across a whole project, not just bank 'a' which is how far I got copy pasting patterns and parts one by one.)
- Spellcheck the manual (a lot of stuff in the manual is complex when you do a quick read, making it flawless in spelling and sentence structure should help in making it easier to grasp for those who do not study it word for word and/or have trouble understanding methods)

I am pretty happy with the OT, I got my OT with V1.21 so I could just get started learing this OS not having to worry much about large changes to the user interface in the future.
Using the octatrack to me feels like working with someone else's computer sometimes, there's little things that are different, strange or don't seem logical to me, it must be from reading forum posts from earlier OS versions that made it feel a bit alien to me.
I keep comparing it to my first sampling setup (RM1x + akai S1100/S2000) and I shouldn't, overanalyzing and overcomparing products is a bad habit and it is destroying fora and studios all over.
All in all it is a great sampler/instrument, slowly I am getting better with it and it does reward you a lot for putting time and effort into studying the interface and sound design possibilities.Fantastic results in pairing it with whatever (acoustic instruments, modular, MD, etcetera..)

Allright, thanks for listening!
Boo
sequencer level mutes in the same way that it works on the analog 4, thus not cutting off the tails of long samples or long reverb/delay tails which are on the samples.

there are several workarounds for this but none of them are as quick and efficient and to the point as function+track to mute, workarounds include using up scenes for any mutes you may want or using up patterns for this, another way is to use an external midi controller to raise and lower amp volume per track. it would be ideal if there was an option to mute the sequencer just as the analog 4 allows, this enables spontaneity and flexibility much more so than the current mute method of muting the entire audio track

i know i said this all before, it's still something that i desire though so i'll keep saying it every few months hehe
ˆi'd really like this too
natefrogg wrote:
sequencer level mutes in the same way that it works on the analog 4, thus not cutting off the tails of long samples or long reverb/delay tails which are on the samples.

there are several workarounds for this but none of them are as quick and efficient and to the point as function+track to mute, workarounds include using up scenes for any mutes you may want or using up patterns for this, another way is to use an external midi controller to raise and lower amp volume per track. it would be ideal if there was an option to mute the sequencer just as the analog 4 allows, this enables spontaneity and flexibility much more so than the current mute method of muting the entire audio track

i know i said this all before, it's still something that i desire though so i'll keep saying it every few months hehe

Unfortunately, due to the "sampler" nature of the OT, and the fact that it can stream extremely long samples from the card, sequencer mute doesn't really make much sense, as this wouldn't mute a long track you've got playing, which was triggered by a one shot trig, or manually.

What would have helped is to have the "direct" parameter from the delay setup menu as a lockable parameter.
King Koopa
think I got a good one this time...

ever exported stems from reaper? there's a very clever scheme for naming the stem files from wildcards -- e.g., $project - $trackname - $time, etc. -- so you get nice, comprehensible filenames like 'jam2 - bass1' without typing everything out manually.

this would be so great to have for saving batches samples in the OT! $filename - $buffer - $time, you get it.

right?
A drum map, so that you could load short drum samples into ONE track and use a midi controller to map to each sample by note. Wonder if the current OT architecture would allow this?

Also, realtime transpose of midi sequences from either an external controller or a trig mode

PRETTY PLEASE
King Koopa
+1 transpose trig mode
Go to top Post Reply