As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Cappy
Re:OT feature requests 11 Years, 4 Months ago
Great idea sorry I am still new with the octatrack. Btw I am using this to control my mf108 and 104 Loving the octatrack as the center of my setup!
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
some way to lock tracks between parts, or at least paste a track without the trigs. e.g. you might want to keep the drum tracks the same between different parts, but if you tweak them after you already have multiple parts going, you have to replicate the changes manually, or do some tedious dance of copying tracks to a free bank, clear trigs, blah blah etc.

and along the same lines, a way to insert a pattern in a bank, i.e. shift right rather than overwrite.

both would make composing more fluid I think.
don't know if it wasn't requested already...
my request:
add to OT display info about bars left to be played of the current,
so it wouldn't be necessary to count it in head, to be able to switch patterns/scenes/parts/etc on time...

ps. scale leds are useful for pattern editing, but not enough for pattern playing.

Game & Watch
allow the LFO's of a track be assigned to Effect #1 and Effect #2..
even though it would not be certain what effects the user would choose.

it could just be a blank assignment to cell 1,2,3,4,5, or 6...
this would make for some rather interesting and enjoyable effect modulations.
King Koopa
previewlounge wrote:
allow the LFO's of a track be assigned to Effect #1 and Effect #2..
even though it would not be certain what effects the user would choose.

it could just be a blank assignment to cell 1,2,3,4,5, or 6...
this would make for some rather interesting and enjoyable effect modulations.

that's basically how it already works... change the effect and the LFO will be routed to the corresponding knob.
Game & Watch
oh! cheers for that.
somehow thought that the option wasn't there, that when the LFO target got to LFO's, that was the end of the options. but no ... there is more ...

so much more! LFO on effects, this is going to be fun.

for nearly two years i thought my machinedrum's LFO trig type could only select "free" or "hold", and not "trig".
eventually i asked elektron HQ ... they told me i was turning the dial too quickly.

something about LFO's ... ah well, all good now.
King Koopa
s'ok... took me a while to figure out the mysterious "[B]" routing option was a placeholder for the blank spot on lofi
Goomba
How about an option to send midi cc data from OT Crossfader. Would be awesome to map it to Ableton's crossfader.
Killer Beez
Phos4escence wrote:
How about an option to send midi cc data from OT Crossfader. Would be awesome to map it to Ableton's crossfader.

check the control change mappings in the manual. the crossfader does send and receive midi
Game & Watch
rhizome wrote:
s'ok... took me a while to figure out the mysterious "[B]" routing option was a placeholder for the blank spot on lofi

ah, thanks for the heads-up ... that could have had me confused for months.

actually for nearly five years i thought my machinedrum's left channel of the stereo output was 1db lower in volume than the right.

and then about a month ago, realised that occasionally, the lead jack would move out 1mm from the socket. it's just that every time i checked it before, it was secure. so that was great.

okay, here is my ultimate request:

a second compressor (similar to how there is a second EQ, for 'dj style') ...
entitled: The Pump Compressor.

sure, not everyone digs the pump house sound, and really it kind of originated from a "misuse" of gear, or should i say, a re-purposing of a compressor's function ... but I have to admit, after listening to Flume's "Sleepless" track, i really liked what he did with that.
Go to top Post Reply