As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:OT lab #4 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT lab #4
Chain Chomp
Re:OT lab #4 11 Years, 5 Months ago
tIB wrote:
There's this group already set up: https://soundcloud.com/groups/octatrack-science-lab

Great!!

Are you joining this lab, Andy? Would be really good to hear what you'll come up with.
  The topic has been locked.
I might have a go.

Who am I kidding, I loves me some lab work
Hate to drag this one up again but when you say 'no resampling' I presume we're just talking about resampling that results in the creation and storage of a new sample file and not about using the Recorders to 'live sample' the OT's tracks/outputs?

Just checking as this seems to be a regular bone of contention.

Chain Chomp
I guess setting it up to 'live' record on a spare track is ok.

Storing loads of variations as samples lets you start over in a blank flex machine and ruins the 'one sample' composition concept.

Are (and how) we limiting the amount of patterns/banks and the use of the arranger?
I had some time today so I had quick play with the sample.

I started off trying to make some kind of weird 3-part harmony thing, like singing screams but it was awful. The sample itself is 'challenging'

Anyway, judicious use of comb filter and chorus and lo-fi and filters and delay and compressors and reverb and filter envelopes and crossfader etc.

If anyone knows how to create a 'group in their Soundcloud account then let me know - I have quite a bit of spare minutes on mine and there really needs to be a specific group for this as there was with the previous ones, IMHO.

https://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/otlab04-01-trust-us-we-are
Admin
tIB was here
husc wrote:
tIB wrote:
There's this group already set up: https://soundcloud.com/groups/octatrack-science-lab

Great!!

Are you joining this lab, Andy? Would be really good to hear what you'll come up with.

Yeah Im hoping to have a go once Ive got the studio rewired... Im doing the post new mixer brainache thing at the minute, once that is sorted I should be go!
Admin
tIB was here
neilbaldwin wrote:
I had some time today so I had quick play with the sample.

I started off trying to make some kind of weird 3-part harmony thing, like singing screams but it was awful. The sample itself is 'challenging'

Anyway, judicious use of comb filter and chorus and lo-fi and filters and delay and compressors and reverb and filter envelopes and crossfader etc.

If anyone knows how to create a 'group in their Soundcloud account then let me know - I have quite a bit of spare minutes on mine and there really needs to be a specific group for this as there was with the previous ones, IMHO.

https://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/otlab04-01-trust-us-we-are

Ive got that new soundcloud thingy and cant work out how to do it now- used to be simple though and didnt suck your minutes at all.

Nice track too, pretty melody.
Game & Watch
Nice to see the usual suspects taking part again

It is a shame that more people don't take part.

Nice track Mr B

I'll have a go at something over the weekend time permitting, knee deep in components and solder at the moment
Thanks love
Game & Watch
You ole smoothie
Go to top Post Reply