As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Farewell Elektron Users (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Farewell Elektron Users
Re:Farewell Elektron Users 10 Years, 7 Months ago
pretty exactly 5 years on board, will definately miss this forum if not only for the familiarity of it

Special thanx to a bunch of forum members, you've taught me everything and I am very grateful to have faound such a resource to learn, share and laugh

Big love to Ryan and the work he has put into this site, you've made a mark on many people
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
polyslax wrote:
Hard to say goodbye to this place. It had a unique energy to it and a super friendly vibe. The fact that it'll remain a frozen time capsule is good... yet somehow weird.

I totally agree, on all points.. I will very much miss the atmosphere and the people here. Thanks to all who made this a great place!
tIB
Boo
^ indeed. It was elektron users that got me going in all of this really- learnt pretty much everything here in my early days. The friendly vibe thing meant it became so much more than somewhere just to pick up tips and such; kept me sane during my stint overseas, and I've picked up plenty of friends along the way (in spite of my overbearing posting!).

Its been a nice farewell this last couple of weeks- lots of familiar faces dropping back in to say goodbye. Goodbye eu, and thanks to everyone for everything!

Game & Watch
what´s about all the information here?

will it be available even when you can´t post anymore? with the search engine too? (well, it´s not a stellar search engine for sure but better than nothing)
Game & Watch
darenager wrote:
Same here, but I think the reason is that no one would use the official one if this one stayed open, although it has been improving I still prefer this forum, layout, posting and visibility is much better here I think. Notice how I refrained from mentioning the colour scheme

+1
glad EU will still be hanging around at least as a resource and archive.

and thank all you elektronians for the years and posts and advice and sharing music and all that good friendly bonding stuff.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
I am going to really miss this forum, although of course we will all be able to communicate at elektronauts (but we have to keep the pressure on to make that site a bit less graphic design and a bit more text friendly!). I would have to say that E-U is one of the best forums I have encountered in 20 years of using the internet and I'm just sad that I joined after Actuel had passed away so I never got to thank him for the great thing he built.
Goomba
A4
MD
MnM
OT
I've only been here a few months but have found this forum really useful.

I picked up a MonoMachine back in June and now have all 4 units. It has been a great place for information. I may not have made many posts here but that's because there was so much to get through in the existing threads that answered a lot of my questions.

Anyway, I'll be over at the new place
MCL
Boo
Just like to echo whats already been said, sad to see it go, but will no doubt be over at the new forum from time to time. In my six years here I haven't posted much, and will no doubt do the same over at Elektronauts. Bring lurking to a whole new level!
Game & Watch
Yup, gonna be a bit sad when the doors finally close

I dedicate this track to my fondness for this forum, and my sadness that it will be no more.
http://darenager.bandcamp.com/track/in-orbit

Please feel free to post your own, if you feel like it.
Go to top Post Reply