As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Why are flex samples being replaced in different patterns? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Why are flex samples being replaced in different patterns?
Cappy
Why are flex samples being replaced in different patterns? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Up until now, I've always just used one pattern (A01) on the OT and start fresh each session. Now I am to the point where I am beginning to save some patters. These patterns are a mixture of Audio tracks with Flex Machines/samples and some midi sequences.

My dilemma:
Say on pattern A01, I assign a drum loop sample (i.e. flex slot sample 1) to the Flex Machine on Audio Track 1. I place a trig on the "one" so it loops.

Then, I switch to Pattern A02, and repeat the steps but with a different sample this time - I assign a drum loop (i.e. flex slot sample 2) to the Flex machine on Audio Track 1.

Then, when I switch back to pattern A01, Track one becomes the new sample that I just assigned to pattern A02. I thought patterns were exclusive from one another? Why when I assign a sample to a track on one pattern, is it "taking over" as the sample used on other patterns??

Note: I do not have the entire Flex Sample slot list assigned. Most of them say - - - - - until I assign a sample to the slot as I go. Does this have anything to do with it? I think the 128 sample slot list is limiting and prefer to "assign" the samples to the Flex Slots from my entire library on the card as I go.
do I HAVE to have 128 samples assigned to slots for this to work correctly?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Why are flex samples being replaced in different patterns? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
try using locks, in record mode press the trig and hit up or down or turn the level knob to assign a new sample.
King Koopa
Re:Why are flex samples being replaced in different patterns? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
congratulations... you've discovered parts, everyone's least favorite feature! there are many threads about this, but start with the manual, pg 72.

basically... no, patterns are not exclusive in this sense. there are four parts to a bank, and each pattern gets assigned one of those. 16 banks per project which all draw from the same 128 static/flex slots.

it generally takes folks a good bit of practice for the whole structure to sink in. one of the steeper sections along the learning curve.

to do what you're trying to achieve, you need to assign different parts to your patterns, or you can use sample locks like jonah suggested if you want to use your parts in some other way.
Go to top Post Reply