As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear HELP PLEASE (OCTATRACK ISSUE) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: HELP PLEASE (OCTATRACK ISSUE)
Cappy
HELP PLEASE (OCTATRACK ISSUE) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
so i go and fire up my set up..... and I hit play to hear the last thing i was working on (hit play on the OT that is..... and I hear no sound.... I see the input lights flashing from the MD beat coming into the OT, I see the sequencer running through the steps on the A4 and MD, but I hear NOTHING.... so i think Its my soundcard. I unplug it from 3/4 and put it into 1/2... and nothing...... so for some reason I unplug the OT and plug in my A4 directly into my soundcard. Works like a charm.... So i plug the OT from Cue out into the sound card... Nothing.... From the headphone jack.... nothing. I do a restart + function and do a self test.... everythings ok.

What do I do from here? Should I reload the OS? Should I pray??? I mean im at a total loss how something could be fine less than a day ago and them BAM gone.

anyone else heard of this?????? Suggestions?? etc? I bought it used.... but the guy i bought it from got it in january 2013, and he sent me the original reciept.... I just didnt want it to have to go all the way to sweden. and Ive been doing most of my stuff on the OT>...

I was getting ready to buy a new synth and now this.

ughhhh.....

any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated

steve
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:HELP PLEASE (OCTATRACK ISSUE) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
sorry if this is too obvious. have you tried function+level knob? could it be dialled down all the way?
Cappy
yes i did...... but thank you... like i said any help is greatly appreciated
Cappy
ok well im off to unplug every midi cable and instrument cable, and reload the OS on the OT first, and then maybe the rest..... so If i dont respond for a few, i didnt shoot myself, im just going nuts disconnecting a setup that took a while to get in place.
Killer Beez
Perhaps try loading a new project?
Killer Beez
Perhaps try loading a new project?
Goomba
I hit this problem (or, at least, a similar problem) a few times in the first week until I realised the recording buffers didnt not "save" recordings on a power down. Once I realised I had to save a recording as a sample and then reassign to the track I was sorted.

I probably haven't written that very well but I'm new to the Octatrack.
Goomba
do you use through machine or direct out in the mixer?
the through machine needs a trigger in order to pass through sound.
also, you could have soloed a different track (cue plus trigger while in the mixer menu)
did you chech their direct volume in mixer or gain in the through?

couple of ideas
Goomba
When 're using thru machines make sure that you have placed a trig on each pattern.

This made me nuts one day
Goomba
noxical wrote:
When 're using thru machines make sure that you have placed a trig on each pattern.

This made me nuts one day

yeah that was the next thing to drive me bonkers! Spent an evening building my midi set up, returned the next day and.... nothing.... spent a good hour whinging about it then accidently realised I need to trig it!
Go to top Post Reply