As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Ana 4 BD 95 trigs no sound (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ana 4 BD 95 trigs no sound
Cappy
Ana 4 BD 95 trigs no sound 10 Years, 8 Months ago
I was building a simple drum pattern on a track using BD 95 sound on that track. I've put trigs on 1, 5, 9, 13. Then I've put trigs p locked to an hihat sound on 3, 7, 11, 15. The BD 95 trigs (1, 5, 9, 13) stopped sounding... When I've removed the hihat p locked trigs the BD 95 sound slowly reappeared... Is there anybody that can help me with this issue?

Thx

Mathieu
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Ana 4 BD 95 trigs no sound 10 Years, 8 Months ago
it's a characteristic of the 2nd filter's resonance, which is the basis for this drum sound. the resonance peak is a bit fragile in the lower frequencies and takes some time to build up on its own. see this thread:
http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=205225&catid=9

it is like it is - you will need to use a different BD sound or remove the hihats.

to get more stable kicks, one way is to excite the filter using noise or an oscillator.. i get good results using feedback as osc1 and triangle as osc2.
Cappy
Thx for that really/astonishing quick'n clear reply!!!

I realise that I'm a total nooby regarding synthesisis and a that I would pay for having nice tutorials on the A4. There's one on youtube about making toms'n kicks which is actually really nice. I would welcome others.

Wish there'll be a place for this on elektronauts.
Chain Chomp
i was a total noob myself only a few months ago..
going through these tutorials was absolutely worth it:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm
it takes some time, but it's fun.
Go to top Post Reply