As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT Mopho X4 setup PLEASE HELP (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT Mopho X4 setup PLEASE HELP
Goomba
OT Mopho X4 setup PLEASE HELP 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time setting up my Mopho with the octatrack. Main issue is that I can't get the Octatrack to receive/record the notes I'm playing on the MoPho keyboard.
I can do the following
- record mopho using the chromatic mode of the OT
- Manually enter notes on the OT
- The OT will send note info to the OT
- If in Project/Midi/Control panel I check "Audio not in" I can hear the mopho and also hear it sending midi to the audio tracks I have setup. I mention this because now I know that the midi cable is working and the OT seems to accept some midi data.

For some reason no matter what I try, when I play midi notes on the Mopho the OT does not want to record them.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

THANKS!!!!!
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:OT Mopho X4 setup PLEASE HELP 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Bump for help
King Koopa
Might be something to do with the OT's Auto Midi Channel.
Chain Chomp
Do you have an autochannel configured in the OT? That midi channel must be the same as the mopho's midi channel. Then you can send notes to whatever track you selected. Disable all the other channels for audio tracks for testing purposes.
Cappy
Check your MIDI channels

OT Audio Tracks use Channels 1-8 by default for Trig Chan. You can't have your MIDI mode/track channels the same.
Go to top Post Reply