As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Headphone Problem Persists (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Headphone Problem Persists
Chain Chomp
Re:Headphone Problem Persists 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Yeah. It is like something is blocked...and you if you send a hot signal it unblocks it. So weird.
  The topic has been locked.
I don't know if that's a very scientific solution, or even theory. But it does seem like the headphone output is just kind of cheap. It's quiet and doesn't sound nearly as good, even when it' not crackling or cutting out.
Of course now that I'm using it more, the problem is worse. Rebooting sometimes fixes it. Really don't want to send it in, but since I was an early adopter my warranty is almost up.
Re:Headphone Problem Persists 10 Years, 7 Months ago
My spidey sense tells me it's an electrical problem more than a software/project-related problem as well. Has anyone had a definitive fix from Elektron? I don't want to be left with a dud component when the warranty runs out either.
Goomba
Same problem here!

For me it is the left headphone channel. I also don't want send my octatrack to elektron. Because I think I will get a machine with a new board and the problem comes back.

If i crack the volume up to the max the signal comes back for random lasting time to use it without this problem.
King Koopa
I hadn't used the headphone output until I read this thread. I have 2 Octatracks and the headphone output on my 1st OT crackles and cuts out on the right side. I bought this OT in March but my 2nd OT bought last Friday seems fine. If new units aren't fit for purpose surely we're entitled to replacements as opposed to repairs.
AUX
Boo
non stop
Same problem here. Super annoying...
AUX
Boo
non stop
Same problem here. Super annoying...