As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Headphone Problem Persists (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Headphone Problem Persists
Chain Chomp
Headphone Problem Persists 10 Years, 8 Months ago
So, sadly my OT, which I enjoy and use a lot, is one of those with the headphone output problem. It Manifests in the occasional attenuation of audio accompanied by scratchy/distorted sound in the right hand "channel" of the headphone out. I have sent my device in for repair TWICE. The second time they replace the I/OCPU Board. The problem was gone for sometime but is back and seemingly getting worse over time. I contact Elektron and they said I can send it back to the shop, again, and they would reimburse me for shipping.

I do not really want to send it away again. It seems whenever I sit down and start getting into my rig, I have to remove the OT from the equation and send it away. At what point do I say "forget it"? I do not really want to have a machine of this cost with a hampered capabilities and LOWER resale because of this problem. I want to be able to run my other gear into the OT and hear it through the H/O. What are my options here? Send in it again? Ask for a new fully functional device? Give up and get a mixer or small audio interface into which I run the main outs so that I can then hear everything through headphones. Get a small mixer and do the same?
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Headphone Problem Persists 10 Years, 8 Months ago
i would say, first know why it happen !!!
Is it the way you are plugin/plugout the headphone that ruins the connector/card ?
Is it a bad design from Elektron itself ?
Is it the impedance of the headphone that cause any side effect on the circuit ?

Basically you should talk with Elektron seriously about this problem before any further action.
Funny, I have the same problem with my OT again. I sent it away for repairs a while back and they said the logic board was replaced, I haven't used it so much since, but I've noticed it occurring again.

Cenk on support suggested I try to see if it occurs in the demo project mode, but the problem is it occurs quite randomly. The way to get rid of it is to use a compressor on the master track and temporarily crank the gain.
It happens a bit on mine too. It's not bad enough to send in (for me), I can usually set it and it'll be fine.
Chain Chomp
yeah, that is how I make it go away too, crank the output. However, it is really just a bummer. Essentially, the machine is not working in the manner it is intended...
Game & Watch
I have this same problem too, and am getting tired of sending it in. And yes it does make me take the OT out of the equation. My first major Elektron letdown. Mine may go away if I knock my knuckles around the volume knob, but it's sporadic as a fix.
Chain Chomp
Hmmm. They told me this is a rare problem, but apparently, not so much. Veets, how many times have you sent it in?
Goomba
A4
MD
MnM
OT
A couple of months ago I bought an OT second hand. I wasn't aware of the headphone socket being new to Elektron gear.
Within minutes I discovered the issue. In addition though, when I lifted the OT up with it on my lap, it would reboot.
I was fortunate the person refunded me without question, but I was wondering if others with the headphone issue also had this rebooting issue?
Game & Watch
I have only sent it in once previously for this issue but have had to send it in for another issue. It will have to go in again for this issue.
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
I had the OT headphone problem once, one channel was basically not there.

I accidentally fixed it by sending a really hot signal through the AB inputs while monitoring them at full gain - it's like I unblocked the DAC or something
Go to top Post Reply