As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Chain Chomp
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 11 Years, 6 Months ago
---can be deleted---
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
teevee wrote:
Machinedrum:
- “Alphabet window” with all the letters you can use on the machine, that should pop up when you want to name a song, sample, kit etc. I find it a bit ridiculous that you have to turn the wheel so much around to find each letter.

That's already there Just press function. You can enter letters with the arrows or the dial.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
julien wrote:
We miss this on MM & MD :
- per-track pattern length/signature

It is a must if you want to create polyrhythmic beats & melodies.
We'd really neeeeeed that !

+1
Goomba
just a quick reply to those needing polyrhythmic beats on the MDUW or MNM. Get an octatrack and try this: Use the OT's midi sequencer mode. Select a channel. Map out the notes in the MDor MNM that trigger the MD/MNM's tracks. Now, turn the quantized play mode OFF in the OT. You now have unquantized ability to record any of the MD/MNM tracks live.
Next,
Simply use a couple OT's midi channels and set them to be different time sigs. Use whatever channels you want with whatever MD/MNM notes/hits you want and you're rollin.
I dunno, something to try out at least
Cappy
I'm pretty sure some of these features has been asked before but here we go:

-Parameter lock edit mode:
It would allow you to edit parameter locks (while the sequencer is stoped) while previewing the result when pressing the step button. All parameter tweaks would be locked to the last selected step. Would make it easier for precise tweaks without looping the sequence all over again.

Example: you want to tweak the filter value and lfo depth of the 46th step in your sequence, you go in p-lock edit mode, and when you press the 46th step the sound is triggered, you tweak the sounds and it locks automagically. Each time you press a step the sound is played as it would in the context of the sequence. (hope i make sense..)

-A way to play the ens machine intervals polyphonically. (when you play a chord it would transpose automatically the p2-p3-p4 values accordingly.)

-In the track trig menu of the monomachine, add a poly option when you link tracks together.

-add an audio in thru option on the monomachine and the machinedrum in the global menu, so no precious synthesis track get lost.

-A SQUARE WAVE sub oscillator for the saw and pulse machines (yes, instead of the sine wave).
Goomba
A copperlan port on the machine drum would be a lot more useful than midi for super tight inexpensive sync
Boo
In +drive settings, the ability to set QUICK MODE to switch Samplebanks / digibanks only instead of entire snapshots would be useful

It could be implemented by adding a new option (and renaming the existing options) to the QUICK MODE menu along the lines of:
* Change_snapshot
* Load_snapshot
* Load_samplebank / Load_digibank
Goomba
BlueWolfSe7en wrote:
julien wrote:
We miss this on MM & MD :
- per-track pattern length/signature

It is a must if you want to create polyrhythmic beats & melodies.
We'd really neeeeeed that !

+1

+1
Boo
Octatrack | MnM SFX60 | KP3
don´t know if it has been mentioned before, neither do i know if it is possible
since i find transposing a little awkward on the Mono i´d like to see it work a little like the electribes do - if there was...

without entering transpose by function + transpose

1. instant transposing
function + arrow up/down = trnsps 1 octave + -
function + arrow right/left = trnsps 1 semitone + -

2. the same as function + mute for transposing
will mute/unmute i.e. transpose/retranspose on buttonl release.

maybe i missed something and it´s already there since i´m pretty new to the mono.
i doub´t though.

also i´d love to see flexible routing of MIDI machines, thait said the sequencer part.
why can´t the MnM-sequencer i.e. 9-15 part be routed to internal tracks too, so we could have another three + LFO´s and different settings for trigless trigs-mambo-jumbo patched back to either one of the synth-machines of the MnM - i feel the MIDI sequencer is wasted when using the MnM only...

could be so much more fun using this sequencer-part for extended controll of MnM-synthesis machines, also phrase variations for tracks 1-6 and the like.
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Need midi soft thru function ( from midi in to midi out ). Thanks.
Go to top Post Reply