As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear New Octo User here.. this thing kicks butt (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New Octo User here.. this thing kicks butt
Goomba
New Octo User here.. this thing kicks butt 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I got my Octotrack yesterday and spent all day trying to figure it out. After almost throwing it through a window I thought I was in over my head. Day 2 and I have had a number of breakthroughs and now realize what this thing is capable of. I am still testing the waters and fighting through some basic issues but now realize I will

I can't wait to start midi sequencing and sampling my new Novation Bass Station 2 I have on order... gonna be sweet. The fact that I can control my modular setup and bass station 2 setup with just this Octotrack just kicks. And using the Scenes fader with the Midi sequencer tracks (translated courtesy my Frostwave Quad CV) will just put my modular over the top.
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Re:New Octo User here.. this thing kicks butt 10 Years, 9 Months ago
U might be out of luck there mate..
I dont think u can actually use the scenes on the midi-part of the octatrack.

But dont let that rain on your parade.. you can do all kinds of goodness with a thru track and/or the recorders

enjoy your machine buddy.. its well worth putting some time in it.
Goomba
nope, no scenes with midi so far. But you can sequence the midi tracks then sample them then use the scenes on the sampled version.
The big revelation for me was the slicing with 64 sample chains...
It makes the OT the ultimate drum machine.
Go to top Post Reply