As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one)
Goomba
Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello

I really would like to hear from people that own/owned A4 .

I read a lot about paint issues that goes wrong after few days and also hear about some buggy units that freezes etc .

I was after buying Moog SubPhatty but they not in stock right now and I watched today lots of demos of the A4 and I'm in love , but after reading some posts about problems with A4 I'm a bit in doubt about buying it .

Soundwise and Function wise I'm just in love with it Will let me few years to play with it until Moog will release SubPhatty Rack
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) 10 Years, 9 Months ago
apparently the paint thing got solved... but if your unit should have any problems, there's a 3 year warranty.

i do get occasional crashes (probably USB-midi related).
other than that, the latest OS is quite reliable, and you can expect the software to be fixed and improved, possibly even new features being added, for some time.

it's a good synth as it is though, no need to worry.
Cappy
Re:Question to Analog Four Owners ( concerns about getting one) 10 Years, 9 Months ago
i bought the analog four new , sealed unit and i direclty updated to the last version and i have with the analog for 4 months more less and no freeze and no bugs detected. Exelent machine.
Chain Chomp
Day 1 owner here... No crashes and no paint issues yet. Lost some work in the early days because of a bug but that got fixed.
Goomba
Well it looks like I'm getting one next month ( just want to wait and see if they will do Back To school promotion like they did last year in September )

Here an reply that I got from Elektron :

Hi there ******,

Happy to hear you are interested in the Analog Four! We have upgraded the coating paint to
a much more durable one. In short, you should not experience any problems with it. Our
distributor in ******* should be able to provide you with machines featuring the upgraded
paint coating.

OS 1.06 we'd consider a very stable one.

All the best,

Jon
Elektron

Cappy
ive been chatting gearslutz.. id like to add ive never had a crash either
No crashes here either. A complete beast of a machine too! Mine has lost a little paint but that was all my fault for moving it around too much...
Cappy
No problems, got mine in may. Had a few freezes involving midi, but thats it..... LOVE the thing.
Cappy
Analog Four
Korg X5D
Moog Rogue
Roland V-Synth
TB-303
TR-909
x0xb0x
Rm1x
Hmmm, hope I don't jinx myself here but I purchased mine in mid-January and thus far have had no paint issues and no crashing/freezing!

If you're good @ programming/synthesis & like grooveboxes, you won't regret purchasing the A4.
Goomba
Nystagmus wrote:
Hmmm, hope I don't jinx myself here but I purchased mine in mid-January and thus far have had no paint issues and no crashing/freezing!

If you're good @ programming/synthesis & like grooveboxes, you won't regret purchasing the A4.

I actually looked more for first HW synth after selling Komplete 9U and the the fact that A4 also can be used as groovebox/mini sequencer etc is only a bonus for me

Thanks guys for posting , I'm pretty closed on A4 , just waiting to September to see maybe they will do some deal like last year .

Cheers
Go to top Post Reply