As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack Sample Manager (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack Sample Manager
Chain Chomp
Re:Octatrack Sample Manager 10 Years, 8 Months ago
yes please. I was think of this the other day.
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
@ Tarekith, Junkiegirlfriend, IK01, marcel videla... what version? (Win/OSX etc)
Cappy
I'd pay a good chunk of money - up to $99 - for a tool like this, especially if it let me create and edit slice points on samples using a mouse before transmitting them to the OT.
+1, also creating sample chains option will be nice! will pay a reasonable price.
Goomba
atebit wrote:
not a chosen special one so posting here

- yes I would use it
- OSX please
- I would love to see the ability to assign/re-assign sample to slots it would be great to use my computer screen and the mouse+keyboard to e.g. drag samples into flex/static slots within a project. seeing this laid out in a big list would help me know what is where in my slots when I go to play!
- I would be willing to pay a small fee as I can live without it. If it was solid + maintained maybe $10-15.

Sounds great.
I would pay easy 100€ for this it's well worked out and releases me off the stress to put all my samples in slots with arrows on the OT.
King Koopa
Hi Rusty

I would love a sample manager
I would use it
Format: Windows stand alone
Just a basic librarian would be fine, any extras would be a welcome bonus. I'm really looking for the ability to build banks from various projects for live use, recording etc.
Price would depend on the amount of functionality, but yes i would pay up to about £30
Goomba
Sign me up, defo +1 from me, and would be willing to pay

Windows OS for me too
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
Biggest thing for me would be copying banks/patterns (along with samples) between projects, so that I could take random home jams and compile them into live-friendly projects.

Also checking for duplicate samples, since sometimes these get renamed and I will usually want to go with the descriptive name rather than the autogenerated one with the date.

Oh, yeah, and I'm on Windows.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
+1 for osx version. Can pledge some reasonable $ for a solid octabrarian, though ultimately a pity this functionality isn't built into the os. Does hq have any longer term plans in this regard?
Goomba
great idea! OSX for me, I'd shell out as well, amount depending on maturity of the program.
Go to top Post Reply