As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Driving Analog 4 arpreggiator from Octatrack sequencer (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Driving Analog 4 arpreggiator from Octatrack sequencer
Goomba
Driving Analog 4 arpreggiator from Octatrack sequencer 10 Years, 8 Months ago
I can't get the A4 to respond to a MIDI sequence from the Octatrack. The same sequence works perfectly driving a Virus C by the way, but I want use the A4 to play live with.

I've gone through all the MIDI settings in both machines but the A4 won't play any of the notes. I want it to arpeggiate 4 note chords on channel 2. All the channel number settings are correct. MIDI transport is working fine - pressing play on the OT sets the A4 sequencer running OK using its own trigs.

What ceremony have I not performed?? You'd think it wouldn't be hard to get 2 machines from the same vendor to talk to each other!

Thanks
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Driving Analog 4 arpreggiator from Octatrack sequencer 10 Years, 8 Months ago
can you confirm that "receive notes" is enabled in the a4 midi config?
is "input" set to midi?
can you send notes from something other than the octatrack?
Goomba
Re:Driving Analog 4 arpreggiator from Octatrack sequencer 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Yes receive notes is enabled in the menus. I've had a go at playing notes from a MIDI keyboard but couldn't get any sound out. Not sure if something else was not right!
Boo
"I want it to arpeggiate 4 note chords on channel 2"

You want to trigger all the tracks on the A4 to arp simultaneously? Don't know if this is even possible- the only ways I've seen to get chords out of the A4 are by "faking them" with neighbor tracks or using a MIDIpal and a MIDI keyboard.

The only way you're getting 4 tracks to trigger on the same channel is with some kind of interface sitting in between the two that routes the MIDI signal that way. As for not being able to trigger the A4 from the OT AT ALL, it is possible that what you're trying to set the midi to do within the A4 is preventing the notes from triggering (unless i misunderstand what you mean by "4-note chords").
Go to top Post Reply