As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Duplex – Obake Yashiki (revisited) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Duplex – Obake Yashiki (revisited)
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Duplex – Obake Yashiki (revisited) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
This is music from a live set that I played a few months back at the Obake Yashiki event at Gari Gari in Tokyo. I revisited the files, did some post in Logic and put them in some kind of order for a new Soundcloud set.

It's all Analog Four and Machinedrum, using 3–4 patterns per track – lots of performance knob action, and lots of slow random arps.

Some of you may have heard them before, but these versions sound much better (I think).

Soundcloud: Obake Yashiki

And now on Bandcamp too: Download Here!

Thanks for listening!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:Duplex – Obake Yashiki (revisited) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Instant purchase. Was just blown away from beginning to end. A very challenging listen but the composition and sound design are fantastic.

IMHO some of the most sophisticated work I've heard done with the A4 so far ... I don't have one but based on what I know in theory about how it works, you're taking great advantage of its ability to lock different sounds to different trigs.

In any case one of the best collections I've come across in quite awhile, whether made with Elektrons or otherwise.
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Thank you most kindly, Mr. Dubathonic.

Sound locks are part of the story, but sound locks combined with performance macros really gets things going haywire as somewhat 'unsuitable' parameters get changed on the sound-locked steps. Lots of fun!

Thanks again for the kind words (and download!) – it really makes it all worthwhile.
duplex wrote:
This is music from a live set that I played a few months back at the Obake Yashiki event at Gari Gari in Tokyo. I revisited the files, did some post in Logic and put them in some kind of order for a new Soundcloud set.

It's all Analog Four and Machinedrum, using 3–4 patterns per track – lots of performance knob action, and lots of slow random arps.

Some of you may have heard them before, but these versions sound much better (I think).

Soundcloud: Obake Yashiki

And now on Bandcamp too: Download Here!

Thanks for listening!

Great music. Very good overall production and sound.
Go to top Post Reply