As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music five short elektron analog4 demos (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: five short elektron analog4 demos
five short elektron analog4 demos 10 Years, 8 Months ago
https://soundcloud.com/d01/five-short-elektron-analog4

Created mainly for those that don't have one yet and are curious as to the general sound and functions. I tried to demonstrate many of them through these short, melodic patterns.

Read below for the soundcloud track details, if interested:

A collection of five short patterns recently created on the Elektron Analog4, demonstrating various features and sound designs.

Minor editing. No compression or limiting. All efx produced on the A4.

Here's a description of the individual sections:

1. ("exo-suit") -
>Osc2 synced to Osc1
>Osc2 type: transistor square with sub osc
>Lfo1 dest1: vibrato depth
>Lfo2 (rnd) dest1: sub-osc type
>Lfo2 (rnd) dest2: filter1 (bp) freq

Arp was set to "RND," which randomly plays notes within the current chord. I unmuted trigs for a more "full" pattern, later in the sample.

2. ("monochrome") -
>Osc2 type: tri w/sub
>Osc1 synced to Osc2
>Filt2: 1-pole, no res to slight res
>Lfo1 (rnd) dest1: Osc1 waveform
>Lfo1 (rnd) dest2: Osc2 pitch

A somewhat simple sync sound, where osc1 is synced to osc2 and its pitch is controlled by a random LFO. This sample also demonstrates the snappy envelopes and soft curve of "LP1", a one-pole lowpass filter.

3. ("corruption") -
>Osc1 type: tri with some percussive noise
>Amp envelope type: 3 (linear rise, expo fall; resets on each trigger)
>Efx: delay (width controlled by LFO) and reverb, gradually increased

This one shows the smooth side of the A4, with this sine-like tone. A 32 step pattern was extend to 48 steps, on the fly; the arp acted as the sequencer. That is, there were only three notes placed on trigs--the pattern was created by changing some of the arp parameters.

4. ("five") -
I forgot to write notes for this one, but it's basically a really rich sound making use of both oscs (saw) and their sub oscs (1 octave down).

The sub oscs are taken out at the end of the track and PWM on the saw wave oscillators is employed.

Also on show here is the awesome A4 sequencer and arp. This is a 35 step pattern, where the arp plays a 5 octave range seven times, at the rate of "6" (1/16th notes). You can imagine how complex it can get.

5. ("climax4") -
Oops, I forgot to write down the notes for this one, too.
The sound is, again, pretty basic, but it uses both filters--filter one is about half-way closed during the first part of the track and is opened up later. The second filter is "LP2", which is a two-pole multi-mode type. There is some overdrive, but not much.

I think the EFX are one of the main selling points of this machine. Vast reverbs, flexible delay, workable chorus.

Oh, did I mention the FX track has LFOs, too? Yes, and for this track, LFO1 controls the HP filter of the delay unit, as well as the feedback. You can hear some of that classic tape-type distortion as the delay fades away.

Thanks for listening.

-d
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:five short elektron analog4 demos 10 Years, 8 Months ago
very nice a4 brother, thanks for sharing
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply