As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII !
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 6 Months ago

Wavecircle wrote:
I personally think it's wicked they have brought out new machines. Maybe the main reason for doing so is because the old machines have hit the peak of their functionality. New marks to me implies they were frustrated with the limitations of the mk1's. Why else waste time doing it?

Hopefully this will mean new models and algorithms etc...

yeah, in a sense it's good
for example: the new pcb's might have more sockets for future-extra-add-ons = more possibilites.

and YES!
they have to make new machines+algos.
I wonder if the effects section in the new mkII's has something new?
like a flanger, phaser or something like amp modelling?

ps. there's a ton of "Friends" browsing the site, I wonder how many of them are working for elektron
*sorry* :-D
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba

hageir wrote:

djsun1 wrote:
I would hope something is in the works for the Classic machines OS too. Any speculation as to what(features)we may expect Elektron? Been waiting for some time. Elektron please take some clues from the Japanese Jenius that mods the MPC 1000 and 2500 OS. Listen to your Classic customer base and respond with features and updates. I would even pay a small price for new features if it wasn't outrageous.

I asked elektron a few days ago about the O.S. updates for the "Classics" and they said it's on it's way, and we'll notice a few things

lets hope it is a worthy Christmas present!

I am by no means unhappy with my purchase.Not really complaining its just that when users complain about or request something be it a bug fix or feature request it shouldn't take a year to do something about it.
King Koopa
Owner of Machinedrum and Monomachine MKI
Well just getting a original SPS1 UW I feel kinda ripped off here. If the new OS update for the MK1 add most of these features I think I could feel a little better about it. I still love my MD, I think a trade in deal would also be a good thing.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

djsun1 wrote:

hageir wrote:

djsun1 wrote:
I would hope something is in the works for the Classic machines OS too. Any speculation as to what(features)we may expect Elektron? Been waiting for some time. Elektron please take some clues from the Japanese Jenius that mods the MPC 1000 and 2500 OS. Listen to your Classic customer base and respond with features and updates. I would even pay a small price for new features if it wasn't outrageous.

I asked elektron a few days ago about the O.S. updates for the "Classics" and they said it's on it's way, and we'll notice a few things

lets hope it is a worthy Christmas present!

I am by no means unhappy with my purchase.Not really complaining its just that when users complain about or request something be it a bug fix or feature request it shouldn't take a year to do something about it.

yeah, let's hope the next update is just stuffed with all the features from everyone on the boards
hehe
one year is a long time for a os upgrade in proccess
so yeah, it def. has something new+nice in it
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
I am at least a little disappointed, having bought my MDUW just a few months ago. I guess ultimately, everything the mk2 has new is just added convenience over the original, and I've yet to use up my sample space or slots.
That said, it would be extremely nice to see something significant in the OS upgrade, though. Being able to use 4 bar patterns w/o rigging up a song would make life a lot easier, and the master fx machine would be a good add.

_BUT_

I am extremely happy about the user wavetable feature in the MnM, and am very glad that when I was making the decision between it and the Ebbe und Flut a couple of months ago, I chose the Ebbe. This way, once the updated OS comes out, I will have the cash money for a new MnM, and I can have it looking all funny-like next to my MDUW.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

relapse808 wrote:
Well just getting a original SPS1 UW I feel kinda ripped off here. If the new OS update for the MK1 add most of these features I think I could feel a little better about it. I still love my MD, I think a trade in deal would also be a good thing.

yes, if all the new features (apart from the hardware ones) can be implemented into the Classic O.S. I'll be pleased and couldn't care less. (I don't mind the new powersupply + 12mm and so far, no noise for me)

but seriously a trade in, what would elektron do with all the Classics?
they couldn't sell them again or anything..

maybe it's possible to send it in for a hardware upgrade -> new pcb (inc. the new outputs+psu socket+uw chips?)
Chain Chomp

jsrockit wrote:
People who are complaining about buying the older model maybe should not have bought the MD or MnM at all. If it put you in such a financial bind...the money could have been used in a better place no? If it isn't about money...sell your old machine and buy the newer version. Do you guys ever buy laptops? Laptops get updated every few months. As I've said before, all electronics get updated...or they simply get outdated. The bright side is that your MD and MnM still work perfectly well... they were the best thing going a week ago...and now they are still the second best thing going. The older machines are still better than most new gear on the market. Don't stress it...

Yes, but people buy laptops knowing full well that they will be replaced by a new model in short order. Judging by the comments in the thread pertaining to the speculation of a new Elektron product, it seemed that a lot of people were under the impression there would never be MK2 models of Elektron products. That seems to be where most of the disappointment stems from.

I am somewhat surprised by this move as well, but mainly because I would have expected an MK2 model to have much more substantial upgrades. Mainly in the form of nicer pots and more storage space for patterns and kits. As it stands, the only thing that I would really miss from the MK2 models is the 64 step pattern length.

That said, I wish that Elektron had followed Clavia's lead and offered MK1 users an upgrade path via a paid trade in. This way the used market wouldn't be flooded with MK1 units, and users wouldn't have anything to complain about. Win/win.
King Koopa
Owner of Machinedrum and Monomachine MKI
Well I know the trade in wouldnt work. For me having the machine drum just over a month it makes sense in my mind but then there are people who have owned the unit for years and i dont see it making as much sense for that situation. Give me the the 64 step pattern and the ctl-all tracks to control the master effects and im good.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

Array wrote:

jsrockit wrote:
People who are complaining about buying the older model maybe should not have bought the MD or MnM at all. If it put you in such a financial bind...the money could have been used in a better place no? If it isn't about money...sell your old machine and buy the newer version. Do you guys ever buy laptops? Laptops get updated every few months. As I've said before, all electronics get updated...or they simply get outdated. The bright side is that your MD and MnM still work perfectly well... they were the best thing going a week ago...and now they are still the second best thing going. The older machines are still better than most new gear on the market. Don't stress it...

Yes, but people buy laptops knowing full well that they will be replaced by a new model in short order. Judging by the comments in the thread pertaining to the speculation of a new Elektron product, it seemed that a lot of people were under the impression there would never be MK2 models of Elektron products. That seems to be where most of the disappointment stems from.

I am somewhat surprised by this move as well, but mainly because I would have expected an MK2 model to have much more substantial upgrades. Mainly in the form of nicer pots and more storage space for patterns and kits. As it stands, the only thing that I would really miss from the MK2 models is the 64 step pattern length.

That said, I wish that Elektron had followed Clavia's lead and offered MK1 users an upgrade path via a paid trade in. This way the used market wouldn't be flooded with MK1 units, and users wouldn't have anything to complain about. Win/win.

hallelujah/amen! 8-)
I'd pay for the upgrade to the MKII
but then it leaves me with one thing: MKIII? :-o
Yoshi
Judging by the comments in the thread pertaining to the speculation of a new Elektron product, it seemed that a lot of people were under the impression there would never be MK2 models of Elektron products.
which IMHO is a really silly thought... guys, get with it, both the machinedrum and monomachine are several years old and have been updated. really don't see the problem or cause for complaining in that. let alone the calls for free updates to mkI's
Go to top Post Reply