As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII !
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 6 Months ago

jngpng wrote:

hageir wrote:

1. You can easily live with the extra 12mm.
2. The SN ratio stuff is just because the users that had that problem weren't using the the gear correctly.
3. 64 steps, it's, technically, there already = 2 patterns linked together = 64.
4. more rom slots? I bet that's probably not a big hassle (I'm guessing the extra 0,5 mb's are for the 2 extra ram machines)

Ok cool, so you're saying you can live without the new features. That's fair enough and for the most part I agree. That's not what you said originally though :-P

I'm sorry, my fingers are on fire from writing so much, ok I tend to complicate things a little bit and not get my point across as I get lost in something else
but you get my point, B.F.F., eh? 8-)

..Classic B.F.F.'s
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
It sounds, Hageir, like you don't think the improvements to the machines warrant the time (and most likely $$ too) that Elektron spent on creating them (and the energy we put into speculating with respect to them!). . .to you, Elektron should have been working on another completely new machine. . . is that your point, in a nutshell? Just want to make sure I understand.
King Koopa
Cool hageir, B.F.F's

I think the point to remember here is that Elektron probably didn't have a choice in coming up with Mk IIs. There was some definite flakiness around the newer Mk 1s. I've listened to a friends 1 month old MDUW and the noise floor was WAY higher than on my ancient beta-unit MD. His new MD also hung quite a bit whilst mine has always been rock solid. I suspect those problems were connected to Elektron having to replace discontinued components without updating the actual design of the machines. They probably needed to redesign and move up to a Mark II just to get the machine in a decent state again, so why not add some small improvements at the same time?

Electronic equipment very rarely stays in production without being redesigned for as long as the MD did, simply because parts are discontinued, suppliers change etc etc. That effect will have been magnified even further over the last few years because of the introduction of RoHS...

This is all speculation of course, but it's something worth thinking about...
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

papertiger wrote:
It sounds, Hageir, like you don't think the improvements to the machines warrant the time (and most likely $$ too) that Elektron spent on creating them (and the energy we put into speculating with respect to them!). . .to you, Elektron should have been working on another completely new machine. . . is that your point, in a nutshell? Just want to make sure I understand.

yes in a way, but if I would've been working on it, I would've made something new in addition to the updates..
but I guess the wavetables are enough
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
it is all cool but

can we the Classic sps-1 users just send their old md's for a MKII version instead of the 10% discount (119 euro)

just seems a little confusing that we have to buy a full prized md again to get the option we all ready wanted since
years every user stated so much problems solutions and fixes,ideas to get the md where it is today it is only fair to the users that their should be a better offer arranged for them really we all(most of them) spend the 1300 euro (sps-1)
this new version is even cheaper ?1190? and got lots more to offer and you want to give us a discount. this seems like a rip off dont mind me wrong but I thought we all invested time
and thoughts how to make things better for the user itself and a better product than it was in the beginning.

in my opinion I just thrown away (110 euro) this is almost the 10% discount you gave us (119 euro)the difference 9 euro
for nothing
if i have to buy the mk2 I will loose 400-500 euro because second hand you can sell it for approxamitly 800-900 euro than I still have to
get 300-400 euro extra to get the new version this sucks in everyway for Classic users that means me

just give us worth for our money and make a better offer
for users that spended more money than it now costs
please reconsider this elektron you rule but this is bad shit for all your users.

also stating we are mostly poor musicians and have no money
growing on our backs. the sps-1 one is my biggest investment
and now it seems the be a wrong investment please reconsider

regards Tjebbe van der kooij
Game & Watch
Re: machinedrum & monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 6 Months ago

eminor9 wrote:

And ... time for look-out for purchasing second Mono Classic for abt 400-500 euro. 12 tracks of Mono-mayhem - wooohooo!

:=)

I agree... my favorite machine just got cheaper!!! :-D
Goomba
I would hope something is in the works for the Classic machines OS too. Any speculation as to what(features)we may expect Elektron? Been waiting for some time. Elektron please take some clues from the Japanese Jenius that mods the MPC 1000 and 2500 OS. Listen to your Classic customer base and respond with features and updates. I would even pay a small price for new features if it wasn't outrageous.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

djsun1 wrote:
I would hope something is in the works for the Classic machines OS too. Any speculation as to what(features)we may expect Elektron? Been waiting for some time. Elektron please take some clues from the Japanese Jenius that mods the MPC 1000 and 2500 OS. Listen to your Classic customer base and respond with features and updates. I would even pay a small price for new features if it wasn't outrageous.

I asked elektron a few days ago about the O.S. updates for the "Classics" and they said it's on it's way, and we'll notice a few things
Game & Watch
People who are complaining about buying the older model maybe should not have bought the MD or MnM at all. If it put you in such a financial bind...the money could have been used in a better place no? If it isn't about money...sell your old machine and buy the newer version. Do you guys ever buy laptops? Laptops get updated every few months. As I've said before, all electronics get updated...or they simply get outdated. The bright side is that your MD and MnM still work perfectly well... they were the best thing going a week ago...and now they are still the second best thing going. The older machines are still better than most new gear on the market. Don't stress it...
Chain Chomp
I personally think it's wicked they have brought out new machines. Maybe the main reason for doing so is because the old machines have hit the peak of their functionality. New marks to me implies they were frustrated with the limitations of the mk1's. Why else waste time doing it?

Hopefully this will mean new models and algorithms etc...
Go to top Post Reply