As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII !
Re: machinedrum & monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago

niall wrote:
Hands up, who misses Daniel H right now?

Amen.

Fwiw, the moment Elektron tells me that I can box up my SFX-6, and send it in to become an MKII model, I'm there with cash in hand.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin

hageir wrote:

xtal wrote:
i am not an emplyee or in any way affiliated to Elektron.

but i am an MDmk1 owner and a huge fan of this company.

and thats why my last post was meant to create a counterpoint to those expecting (and complaining about the lack of) a software upgrade model from a enthusiastic quirky niche commpany dedicated to hardware.

shift happens.

I suggest you run to your local quickiemart and get yourself a nice cool can of Joke?, a cheaper alternative to Coke? 8-)

Ya know Hageir, i didn't read it as a joke either. It's been kinda tense around here lately, so your joking comment wasn't quite so transparent. I actually appreciated xtal voice of appreciation vs. "my life's over because elektron ___ (fill in the blank)"

Daniel is missed, but this goes without saying. It's still a pang to recall his unfortunate loss, but have no doubt that Elektron's announcement's yesterday were well in the works before Daniel's passing.

/a

Wavecircle wrote:
I'm sure Daniel would have been aware of these developments, I really don't see what the fuss is.

Nah, I just meant that he'd be on the forum, answering questions, justifying decisions, and so on. It was transparency I haven't seen from most other manufacturers {Radikal's Juergen Schaaf's a welcome exception, though}.

Allerian wrote:

niall wrote:

Amen.

Fwiw, the moment Elektron tells me that I can box up my SFX-6, and send it in to become an MKII model, I'm there with cash in hand.

Me too, but I just got the word that it won't happen from Jon Elektron.
O, where does it say that the new synths have balanced I/O? That's interesting.
Admin

niall wrote:
O, where does it say that the new synths have balanced I/O? That's interesting.

Hi Niall, you'll need to confirm this with Jon/Eletkron, but this is from an email i received:

"...redesigned I/O card for both units improve the signal to noise ration, and now the in/outs are balanced."

/a
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago
hehe
that's what I do, make jokes that slap you in your wet face a few days later..
takes a little time to settle in :-D
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.

Nah, I just meant that he'd be on the forum, answering questions, justifying decisions, and so on. It was transparency I haven't seen from most other manufacturers {Radikal's Juergen Schaaf's a welcome exception, though}.

+1, kinda what I was referring to earlier. His posts and clarifications always seemed to calm things down immensely. Interaction with your user base is always a good thing IMO, one reason I live Ableton and u-He products so much. They always visit their forums and let people know first hand what's going on.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
ELEKTRON, TALK TO US! Us! us! us. us us...
(echoes) 8-)

Game & Watch
Hey guys, I had to post a satisfying update on my situation. Jon wrote to me and offered to refund my money for the UW MkI upgrade so that I could go ahead and order the UW MkII. Then he is gonna ship my SPS-1 Classic back to me along with my new UW MkII at no charge. I accepted! Plus, I got the friend rebate, so, in the end, everything is very peachy! I am stoked!

I should say that I did not ask for this, Jon simply offered. Of course, it helps that they are gonna get an extra $1000 out of the deal, but everyone wins this way. The only downside I can see is the money I spent shipping my SPS-1 Classic over to Gothenburg. But the friend rebate pretty much made up for that. Very cool!

MkII on the way... I am going over to the dark side! 8-)
Go to top Post Reply