As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII !
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: machinedrum & monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago

xtal wrote:
i am not an emplyee or in any way affiliated to Elektron.

but i am an MDmk1 owner and a huge fan of this company.

and thats why my last post was meant to create a counterpoint to those expecting (and complaining about the lack of) a software upgrade model from a enthusiastic quirky niche commpany dedicated to hardware.

shift happens.

I suggest you run to your local quickiemart and get yourself a nice cool can of Joke?, a cheaper alternative to Coke? 8-)
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
I missed this the first time i looked at the Mono MKII spec:

(refering to User Waves)
"We are at the moment fine-tuning this feature and will include it in an upcoming OS upgrade."

So it seems that the UW option will be an upgrade - a MKII upgrade......

A
Killer Beez
Re: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago

ingrid wrote:
I don't really think it matters all that much which version of the Elektrons one owns/gets. (And I doubt we'll see the prices of the second hand units drop anytime soon. Which I feel is a good thing btw, since I have invested in one of the Classic units.) I have yet to use all the 32 sample slots on my UW, but if I had the extra 12 I might discover a very different way to work with my MD. Or maybe not. Either way, I feel like with the Elektrons, I gladly pay for the new mindset each new update inspire me to take on. Each new thing they add unlocks a whole new creative potential that I would never have discovered otherwise. Some people don't feel that way, but I guess they haven't been an Elektron user for long enough to appreciate the niceties of the small quirky stuff. The devils in the detail, you know. Tiny thinks count. I must say though, both the MD and UW are awesome machines; regardless of the mkII or Classic label. If you want a Machinedrum, go for it. There's never been a better time to buy.

Thats some serious talk there. I agree on everything.

Nobody has mentioned anything about the new audio demos on a product pages? I've found most Elektron-demos to do unjustice for the machines (except Nils of course). But these are actually pretty good; I found myself laughing when listening them. They are a nicely done caricatures of different genres. Have to raise my hat for the programming also, pretty nice results with the plain sps-1 (does it have different samples on E12 machine? (although I would have emphasize the synthetic tones a la Nils)) and also nice use of VO on the MnM demos. Couldn't recognize the wavetable-stuff from the MnM demos though. Would be very interesting to hear new loadable wavetables only tune also.

Oh yeah.. for those looking things from the economic perspective: value of the classic units will surely drop if scream about all the time. Nobody is actually interested to evaluate things based on a practical value or usevalue? These are machines that people use after all, not stocks, right?
Game & Watch
Re: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago

Allerian wrote:

jsrockit wrote:

Allerian wrote:
Go for it Ingrid! Then you'll be in the market for my new MD/MnM MKII 340x176x12mm Spacer Pad, which allows you to use the MKII machines together with the Classic models. No more dealing with the hassle of having thier operating surfaces at different heights.

Sweet!

I don't understand why people are thinking that it'll be a pain to use a MKI with a MKII due to 12mm in height... people use different size boxes from other brands all the time. Don't get me wrong, I like that my two boxes look slick together, but it is not that big of a deal.

Humor my friend. It just jumped into my head as the typical kind of product someone will sell.

Ah I see...you are probably right...

Amanita wrote:
I missed this the first time i looked at the Mono MKII spec:

(refering to User Waves)
"We are at the moment fine-tuning this feature and will include it in an upcoming OS upgrade."

So it seems that the UW option will be an upgrade - a MKII upgrade......

A

I interpreted that as "The MnM Mk2 will be shipped, but you won't be able to load your own waveforms in it for a little while."
Yoshi
Yeah i agree - i was just pointing out that if anyone ordering the MKII is expecting to dig in straight away with the UW they got a big suprise comming. I wonder how long the UW update will take to become availible.

A
Chain Chomp
An extra 0.5 mb of sampling is pretty negligible. You would have thought for ?1600 you would get slightly more, maybe 8 or 16mb at least.

Hmm.

Just hoping for fresh new algorithms in the mkII, that'll be ace. Maybe an nice karplus machine, they should refine the GND machines as well. Better noise colours, make the impulses more flexible, maybe make the sine machine 4 part additive. The GND machines and a few others have empty control slots, i'm sure they could think of some extra functionality. I know I could.

I hope old sysex files work with the mkII.
Hands up, who misses Daniel H right now?
Chain Chomp
I'm sure Daniel would have been aware of these developments, I really don't see what the fuss is. If you love your MD and MnM, nothing should change. They aren't sending out hit squads to destroy them, this is Elektron not Microsoft or Apple. If you have the money to upgrade then upgrade, whats the problem?
Game & Watch

Wavecircle wrote:
If you love your MD and MnM, nothing should change. They aren't sending out hit squads to destroy them, this is Elektron not Microsoft or Apple. If you have the money to upgrade then upgrade, whats the problem?

I agree... it just doesn't make sense to bitch about it.
Go to top Post Reply