As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music First Electronic Project Demos (Octatrack/Minitaur/MS-20) (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: First Electronic Project Demos (Octatrack/Minitaur/MS-20)
Cappy
First Electronic Project Demos (Octatrack/Minitaur/MS-20) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
I am happy to say that I finished writing/recording the demos for my first electronic project. I uploaded 2 songs from this 18 song project. These songs strictly use the Octatrack, mangling of Sample Magic Samples, Moog Minitaur, MS-20 Mini, and Strymon Pedals.

Any feedback is appreciated , please follow me if you are interested in hearing more tracks!

I will also be posting more Volca Keys (Bass and Beats are in the mail) demos on my soundcloud. Please request if you want to hear anything specific.

dark-tones-2013
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:First Electronic Project Demos (Octatrack/Minitaur/MS-20) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
congratulations!! Im going to give you my personal opinion, hope you dont mind.

The second song is AMAZING. really into it. I kind of wish the beat had a more straight forward feel, and some kind of lead with reverb to go with that killer synth bass would be great. Maybe a flute-ish organ soaked in reverb?

the first song starts out great as well, the vocal sample kills it for me though. But overall great stuff.

like i said this is my personal critique and im really hoping im not insulting you! great work and would love to hear more. take care!
Cappy
Re:First Electronic Project Demos (Octatrack/Minitaur/MS-20) 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Thanks for listening. This is my first real dig into electronic music so I really appreciate your feedback. I'm strictly from a guitar background and I find that the music I make may be too melodic or just synths faking guitar parts...I definitely feel that the first track sample was interesting to me when i made it; but I admit that the lasting value for me has quite diminished, and I may just remove it or filter/reverb it down in the mix.

I have been really messing with basic synth sounds so I haven't gotten too far into other types of sounds (like organ etc..) but i would love to start making my way over there.
Cappy
which one is more funny ? the ms20 or the minotaur ? i have an analog four and i suppose don´t need another analog synth but im very attracted by one of these little analogs , ms20 or minotaur and the other one is arturia minibrute. Do you recommend me some of them or its enough with the a4 ? thanks and very good performance
Cappy
i had a minibrute and i got rid of it, I have the ms20 mini and that with cv is a lot of fun and sounds great. I dont have a minitaur so i cant comment on that, but it does have cv and is a moog.....
Go to top Post Reply