As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 can't control other synths with MIDI?
Chain Chomp
Re:A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
j0hnny wrote:
Maybe midi note out will be added in a future OS update? The A4 seems endowed to do so. Everything about the A4 settings and manual seem to suggest midi 'data' out is possible.

Exactly.
I was one of these ORIGINAL POSTERs to this same topic a few weeks ago. I am no stranger to Elektron nor MIDI and whatnot, but the wording of the MANUAL when I read it gave me the impression that midi NOTE data is sent out

AND GUESS WHAT IT IS, when playing the mini keyboard, so like me, the original posters in this thread isn't at fault for asking. You would wonder why can it send MIDI NOTE OUT data when I play it with my hand, but it can't record the same performance to a track and send that same data from the 16+step sequence?

SO stop throwing daggers guys, if you don't like the topic of the thread, fuggit, there's 1000s of pages you can fill your time with to read from this forum...
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
In my time searching this forum for more info on the A4 from users via the rather crippled search engine that seriously limits words in search, and knowing what time it took to find proper cv/gate info as well as cable requirements, wouldn't it be incredibly useful for everyone, especially we new A4 owners, to have a STICKY at top of forum contributed by early adopters whom already know all this stuff that's lacking in the current user manual?
I do not see ONE sticky with info on questions that just about everyone that buys an A4 needs to know IN ONE PLACE. I am only less than a week into my A4 experience and although not new to synthesis, certainly am to the A4 and the Elektron way of doing things.

This is really needed. Thanks.
I'm not even going to read through this, but from day 1 it was clearly stated in the FAQ, and then in the manual (which isn't that long) that there is not MIDI sequencing.

It's been out almost a year now and people still don't know this? Maybe if you want to drop $1000 on a piece of equipment, you should have a better idea of what it does and doesn't do first.

Of course I wish it had MIDI sequencing. And it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement, and is likely physically possible. But it doesn't.

edit: and what is a sticky when there's an FAQ? The FAQ has answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions, one of which is "Does the Analog Four sequence MIDI?"
(the answer is no, and it's not likely to, for those still too lazy to find that)
Cappy
by the way , you can sequence / controll Analog synthesizers like for example a korg ms-20 mini , a minibrute , dsi tetra , the f@#king minotaur , with CV / gate .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CV/Gate
Boo
If you really need midi sequencing from the A4, analogue solutions make 2 cv to midi convertors.
Add a doepfer mini case and away you go.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
THE STICKY was proposed for A LOT of data that is actually not that obvious and if you are going to be so rude and dismissive, what's the use of a forum as far as informative and HELPFUL community? Re-read that post in asking for a sticky and you will realize over the course of year it's most of the time the same set of elusive questions about the A4. The FAQ hardly covers a lot of stuff...like how about having the document a forum member put together on the A4 and CV/Gate set-up that's quite informative?
Ego and Id seem to rule around here. Must be the gray area between DJ and real musicianship?!
Goomba
dsi tetra? r u sure?
Go to top Post Reply