As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 can't control other synths with MIDI?
Cappy
Re:A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Ha ha - word up bro - some dudes just got biaaatch slapped
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Mihajlo wrote:
man, i have read the whole manual and the manual says that A4 has an option to send and recieve MIDI!! for a guy like me, who is just starting to know hardware stuff, it means only one thing : yes, it CAN control (now you know why i asked?? little confused, i am) and yes, i have a typo also, but am not being an ass just because i have better knowledge... you guys keep coming here frustrated.... if you dont like the post, skip it...

> not your personal helpdesk
Boo
void wrote:
> not your personal helpdesk
That's actually something frustrated people who reply in anger to a legit answer should stick to their monitors. If you don't feel like helping people then don't put yourself into the position of feeling the urge to RTFM on people.

Midi in its complexity can be confusing to people and even obvious stuff sometimes needs to be confirmed by others while gaining knowledge.
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
You can midi sync though I think? So not all lost if your after integrating it into your software setup. You just can't use the sequencer for midi so maybe the OT would be better if that's what you want then add A4 later.

That's what I though anyway though not an A4 user. (Yet)
Chain Chomp
@snowcrash

you don't really think i replied in anger do you?

RTFM is, in my opinion, a valid response if the solution to a problem can indeed be found in the manual. "the manual" nowadays obviously includes, or is replaced by, basic google searches.

a naive search, "does the elektron analog four sequence midi", does yield the answer, much faster and more efficient than a thread like this could.

i'm usually helpful around here, after all there are aspects to Elektron Gear which are hard to understand, and i'm relatively new to this as well.

But I agree with the_dreammer on the previous page.

the OP comes over as a lazy cunt, excuse my french.

see also the other thread he made about how to connect a keyboard to the A4. In the end, he figured it out himself, likely with a bit of google and some try & error.
so opening the thread turned out to be entirely unnecessary.
Boo
void wrote:
@snowcrash

you don't really think i replied in anger do you?

No, it was not directed to you.

Obviously the threadstarter has a "history" here which I don't know. Anyway, as anyone new to the forums would read the thread unconcerned might be irritated by the harsh response.

I'm writing this because I also tend to shout down 'noobs' who seem to be impatient and resistant to learning. Mostly when I'm not in the mood to elaborate on basic issues. But then again, I tell myself I'm not a helpdesk and mostly go into ignore-mode. Uhm...
Boo
Maybe midi note out will be added in a future OS update? The A4 seems endowed to do so. Everything about the A4 settings and manual seem to suggest midi 'data' out is possible.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
Mihajlo wrote:
and my friend, i ve been producing ALOT of tracks... its just ive been producing on PC with vst's...

and please, dont give me your hand... use it to shut your mouth

https://soundcloud.com/minoroom

With all due respect, there are an awful lot of talented producers, musicians and very knowledgeable people on these boards who display a certain tone and maturity. Or to put it more succinctly, this is one of the best music forums on the internet (all IMHO).
If you want to endear yourself to anyone I would suggest that "hit and run" facile comments probably aren't the best way to go about introducing yourself to a community that pretty much sets a standard others could measure themselves by.
Just my 2 cents worth, but a bit of maturity goes a long way.
Cappy
Analog Four
Korg X5D
Moog Rogue
Roland V-Synth
TB-303
TR-909
x0xb0x
Rm1x
the dreammer wrote:
Its really difficult for me to understand people these days, that they buy an 899 pound synths, without even reading the less then 20pages of info the maker of it puts on the internet.. Its understandable your not geeky enough that you actually read the manual.. but .. not smart..

Do remember, as a musician even if your a hobbyist.. you have to do so many things alone in the hours you spend in your "studio" .. even if its just your sofa playing around on it.
we cannot take your hand and write your album for you.. so be a little independent. come up with some good questions.. i dont say yours is unintelligent, there are no stoopid questions.. just stoopid answers.. but there are things like a lazy/uninterested question.. and you sir.

YOU ASKED ONE !

THANK YOU.... This NEEDED to be said!!!!
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
^ it didn't. Maybe over @ gearslutz.
Go to top Post Reply