As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 can't control other synths with MIDI?
Goomba
A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I red somewhere that A4 can't do it... That it can control only with with CV?
Is that true?
  The topic has been locked.
Re:A4 can't control other synths with MIDI? 10 Years, 9 Months ago
It is true indeed.
Goomba
thats a shame... anyways... thank you.
King Koopa
www.exuviae-music.com

Current band members: Octatrack, A4, Ultranova
Doesn't Performance mode contain midi CC data that can be transmitted to external gear?
Goomba
you can control other synth's parameters, but you cannot sequence other gear with midi... at least i think so
Cappy
ive replied on like 4 of these threads in the past week and a half. Maybe we need a sticky that says EVERY ELEKTRON DEVICE EXCEPT Sequences over midi. And in order from best to worst in my opinion..

OT
MnM
MD
Goomba
you mean EVERYELEKTRON DEVICE EXCEPT Analog Four sequences over midi??, you got a typo... maybe you should rest from replying...
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Dude, you got a typo as well..

The thing is, its actually on the FAQ page of the Analog4.
I dont mind people asking stuff. its fun to answer a question here and there.
its a nice hobby while the misses is on facebook, but..

I kinda agree with Steevyhead...

please read the faq-page of the manufacturers website.
please read the manual. Please use the searchfunction on the site (ok, that option sucks a bit hard.. so i can't recommend it) ..

Its really difficult for me to understand people these days, that they buy an 899 pound synths, without even reading the less then 20pages of info the maker of it puts on the internet.. Its understandable your not geeky enough that you actually read the manual.. but .. not smart..

Do remember, as a musician even if your a hobbyist.. you have to do so many things alone in the hours you spend in your "studio" .. even if its just your sofa playing around on it.
we cannot take your hand and write your album for you.. so be a little independent. come up with some good questions.. i dont say yours is unintelligent, there are no stoopid questions.. just stoopid answers.. but there are things like a lazy/uninterested question.. and you sir.

YOU ASKED ONE !
Goomba
man, i have read the whole manual and the manual says that A4 has an option to send and recieve MIDI!! for a guy like me, who is just starting to know hardware stuff, it means only one thing : yes, it CAN control (now you know why i asked?? little confused, i am) and yes, i have a typo also, but am not being an ass just because i have better knowledge... you guys keep coming here frustrated.... if you dont like the post, skip it...
Goomba
and my friend, i ve been producing ALOT of tracks... its just ive been producing on PC with vst's...

and please, dont give me your hand... use it to shut your mouth

https://soundcloud.com/minoroom
Go to top Post Reply