As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music kirlian -MnM only jam, work in progress (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: kirlian -MnM only jam, work in progress
Admin
kirlian -MnM only jam, work in progress 10 Years, 8 Months ago
i'm building an elektron live set after taking an extended leave from the studio and moving. this is the first pattern on the first machine (not finished) so i decided to do a little jam on it and post for fun. it's real naked and repetitive ATM.

threw a little "the glue" from live 9 on it, but other than that, it's straight out the box into live.

it's good to be back in elektron land. thanks for any listens! bad or good feedback welcome.

on virb

on soundcloud
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:kirlian -MnM only jam, work in progress 10 Years, 8 Months ago
bump

IDM goon fest?

Game & Watch
The final section with the arps is cool
Cappy
This is awesome, really makes me want to explore my Monomachine more. I love the basses the mono can pull off.
Admin
thanks for checking it. hate begging for feedback, but it being the first foray into a live set, i want to start off on an encouraging note.

every time i dig deep into the MnM, i am always rewarded. it takes some digging, but there are endless treasures inside.
Cappy
Machinedrum UW Mk I
Monomachine Mk I
Novation Ultranova
OTO Biscuit
Future Retro XS
The MnM is really standing out in the crowd these days! Its marvelous, though not easy to master soundwise, I think. I really like your efforts on this one! Looking forward to hear more of it.
King Koopa
Some nice sounds in there! The drums are too 80s for my taste. But i like the atmosphere of the whole song. Well done!
Chain Chomp
very IDM, yes. I would love to know how you made the 3rd sound that comes into the recording... it's the one that's most repeated has that portamento jump in it...

I'm guess its the same sound you applied the Arpeggiator to later in the recording.
Admin
cheers. yeah.. i've never really cared for the MnM bbox. it's fun for stuff like this, but i don't feel like i've really been able to do them justice. this was an opportunity to use the arpeggiator on the drums and try to get something i like.

@marcel vidala - there are two sounds arpeggiated at the end and they both enter at almost the same time. one is a GND>SIN and the other FM+>STAT. let me know which one it is and i'll type the recipe here.
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Sounding good! I'd definitely enjoy a live set of this at a club (even with the bbox drums . . . poor old bbox).
Go to top Post Reply