As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Evolving Pads & Drones on A4 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Evolving Pads & Drones on A4
Cappy
Evolving Pads & Drones on A4 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Explain your techniques for creating evolving pads & drones on the A4...

I, along with many others, would love to learn how to do this on the A4...

Pattern chaining? Filter feedback?

Alex
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Evolving Pads & Drones on A4 10 Years, 9 Months ago
if i might start the ball rolling, i always slow the tempo right down to start with, extend release times , modulate lfos with other lfos ,modulate delay parameters with nearly anything.cant miss.
Goomba
if i might start the ball rolling, i always slow the tempo right down to start with, extend release times , modulate lfos with other lfos ,modulate delay parameters with nearly anything.cant miss.
Cappy
Lets say I have a 4 bar acid sequence going on the A4.. How could I modulate the filter over, lets say, 16 bars? How would I have the filter at 0 on bar 1 & progress to a completely open filter (127) at bar 16?
Goomba
Parameter slide should do the trick
Goomba
Circuit Rider wrote:

You're telling me that you can actually place slide parameter locks? Are these trigless though? Man there's so much I have to learn! (but that's a good thing)
Cappy
Implied wrote:
Circuit Rider wrote:

You're telling me that you can actually place slide parameter locks? Are these trigless though? Man there's so much I have to learn! (but that's a good thing)

Trigless locks can do that yeah. But you need to make sure you place/activate a Parameter Slide trig on the first Trig you want to start modulating changes from.
Cappy
Just testing this out:

- Load up a Sound in any sequence
- Place two standard trigs apart from each other (make sure the first Trig Note LEN will last until the second trig)
- Enable Slide on the first trig [Hold Trig + Slide Button]
- Place a trigless lock inbetween the two standard trigs you have [Function + Trig]
- On the trigless lock trig go the LFO page and assign LFO SPD to something really high
- Apply the destination and depth to something fun like FILT: F1 Frequency
- Place a Slide trig on the trigless lock and it's parameter changes will also slide back to the 2nd Trig.

You can hear how the LFO speed will now slide from it's default value to the trigless lock then back to the original on the second standard trig placed.

Starts to get fun with plocking various parameters. A blackhole of fun.

Go to top Post Reply