As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear md mk1 reboots during play (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: md mk1 reboots during play
Goomba
md mk1 reboots during play 10 Years, 9 Months ago
hi all,

my md uw mk1 reboots itself during playing. the rom samples do not play anymore too.
what to do?
i v heard of power issue's?
also it happens after longer playing, untill now. can it have anything to do with heat?

o.s. is 1.63

i v had this before and sometimes it does not properly boot up anymore, but hangs in the o.s. version screen, right before the four icons should show up.
but tonight it does, only to reboot itself soon after that again. mostly the moment i touch some buttons...

thank you all for any reaktions,
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:md mk1 reboots during play 10 Years, 9 Months ago
just find this on this forum:

>POONTI Hero of Winds Posts: 1574

Re:Machinedrum Crash!!! --> Factory Reset! 1 Year, 7 Months ago Mine would freeze after longish sessions, but would start up after a cooldown
period, until it finally froze for good last summer. After a long repair process, it
ended up being the main board, which I got replaced. Hopefully yours is not that bad.

same problem as I have. i can start it now but whenever i touch a button it will crach and reboot. the patterns stay in there but like i said rom files make no sound anymore.
Goomba
found this on gearsluts, but he is talking about mk2 though.

(would be worth trying a new popwersupply before sending it to sweden though ( and be almost certain of a big bill))

Only issue I had with my Machinedrum MK II
Was power supply related, it kept rebooting
New power supply and now it,s flawless. Just keep that in mind, I think they did have some issues
With the wall warts crapping out
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Hey, yeah mine was a MD UW Mk2 (not + though) and died a slow agonizing death like I described. The prognosis was a change of mainboard, which was effing expensive, but at the time I went for it since. Not sure I would do the same for a Mk1 today. Hopefully, your problem is more of power supply issue rather than mainboard.
Goomba
guess i need to go shoppipng for a new power supply
Goomba
would a power conditioner help? (so i should start researching bout that?)
i am not familiair with those...expensive? worth a try?
Goomba
... today I played 2 hourers with it without problems.Things are really pointing to overheating issue's. I would not mind giving the md some extra cooling treatments, from outside, but there is nowhere any cooling holes or whatsoever...

did anybody ever encounter overheating problems with md mk1?
Kong
mr. applehead
Its your power supply cable. Get a new power supply or cut the cable and replace the wire and connector diy style
Goomba
Re:md mk1 reboots during play 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Thank you for reply. I will investigate that, a bit more. I have thought of it while eliminating possible causes. If this is true it must be reproducable, like moving the cable when powerred and see if it reboots.
let's see.

Appreciated.
Goomba
Re:md mk1 reboots during play 10 Years, 8 Months ago
doesn t look like it is that. also i expect different behaviour if it is that. thanks anyway.
Go to top Post Reply