As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music OT, A4 and Tempest jam. Angel's Harbour. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT, A4 and Tempest jam. Angel's Harbour.
OT, A4 and Tempest jam. Angel's Harbour. 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Another OT, A4 and Tempest jam with David Jorre.
Enjoy

http://youtu.be/z7oIb5ntZ-c
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:OT, A4 and Tempest jam. Angel's Harbour. 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Lovely track Steph ... enjoyed the pads in particular.
Goomba
MDUWmkII, A4
Nice sounds,
Who plays the bass drum?
Chain Chomp
Nice! Reminded me a bit of gears of war, dunno why
Thank you for the comments

Kick is from the OT, as are all the drums, the paddy synth stuff is from the A4, a little melody line from the Tempest.

Cheers !
Goomba
Re:OT, A4 and Tempest jam. Angel's Harbour. 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hey this is a very cool track. So I notice in most of the live videos you only use the tempest for minor parts and not drums. Just wondering why ?
peoplemuver wrote:
Hey this is a very cool track. So I notice in most of the live videos you only use the tempest for minor parts and not drums. Just wondering why ?

Hello, thank you for the comments
the Tempest, as lovely as it is, is far from perfect. It is nice on its own, and tight, but when slaved to the OT, lags behind significantly, especially if it's to be used for drum duty, where sharp transients make this very noticeable. It just doesn't feel tight enough, for me. Many of my friends who own one share the same feeling when using it slaved to Elektron machines.

It's unfortunate, but that's how it is, for now. In fact, I usually sequence the Tempest from the OT, which is a bit of a shame, considering it becomes a straight up sound module at that point.

However, the sound of the Tempest, and mostly when NOT doing drums, has inspired countless tunes for me, and it is therefore a keeper, although I am sometimes slightly embarrassed to "pull it out" when devising complex set ups where tightness is paramount.

I have no doubt that, in time, it will become a legendary piece of kit, but at this point, it's a cool sound module.

Hope that answers your question
Cheers
Goomba
Yea thank you for such a in depth answer ! Yea I notice the same timing problem on the tempest. I ended up using ableton as a master clock and the sending out a different timing delay to the tempest. The rest of the gear gets a different timming offset. The tempest seems to be off by about 4ms and has been consistent . I know some others use the tempest as the master clock and I've read that the timming is much better.
No worries.

Yes sending a different clock to the Tempest is one way of doing it, although I tend to stay away from DAW clocks, if I can. Tempest as the master also works reasonably well, but is not convenient in my usual set up, where the OT is master.
I usually sample the Tempest and slice in the OT, or sequence it from the OT.
Goomba
Yea that's why I am not planning to use the tempest live. Btw all your videos for your jams are great and I look forward to seeing more! If your ever in the San Francisco area I'd love to jam!
Go to top Post Reply