As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Logic Pro X Lands at Last (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Logic Pro X Lands at Last
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Logic Pro X Lands at Last 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Apple Logic Pro X

Haven't really checked it out yet, but first impression is 'I like the interface'.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:Logic Pro X Lands at Last 10 Years, 10 Months ago
MIDI effects look pretty cool.
Free iPad app remote control – nice touch
New VA-style synth (with FM!) plugin is apparently quite good (according to Macworld)
Has the Environment finally been laid to rest?
No support for 32-bit plugs . . . I wonder how many plugins that puts out of action?
Direct upload to Soundcloud!
Goomba
Apparently Apple also removed Logic 9 from the AppStore, f'ing over users that ever need to reinstall. Crap like that is exactly why I hate software. Hope they made backups of the program (and probably didn't, expecting to be able to download it from the Mac AppStore).
King Koopa
Not true – if you open App Store and select 'Purchases', Logic Pro is still right there (as is OS X Lion and Lion Server – two other legacy items) with an 'Install' button next to it (since Logic isn't installed on the Mac I'm on right now).
Goomba
Hmm, I was going by a reviewer who said they couldn't redownload it. Guess they need to look a little deeper in their 'purchases' list then.

Is this a complete rewrite or just a snazzy new UI?
duplex wrote:
Apple Logic Pro X

Haven't really checked it out yet, but first impression is 'I like the interface'.

Who would have thought!?

Anyone here tried it yet?
King Koopa
Check out this overview video from SF Logic Ninja:

My Lightning quick flyover of Logic Pro X

It does a good job of running over all the main new features.

Seems like it's an evolution from LP 9, not a complete rewrite or overhaul. There's quite a bit of new stuff, but there's a lot that's also the same (including the Environment and most of the plugins).

Anyway, overall it looks worth the (very modest) asking price. Will probably install it on my second Mac and have a play with it . . .
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Here's some of my quick thoughts on it, I'll post more later today most likely:

http://tarekith.com/logic-pro-x-first-play/
Goomba
Octatrack / Minitaur / Virus Polar / Space

http://www.youtube.com/11brassmonkey11
I've been using for a solid few hours, first impression is i'm digging it. Clearly taking on board what other DAW's are doing, like the 'racks' type folder setup now, Ableton sort of clip selector and having the audio show in an 'inspector' kind of window below (where the sample editor can be), lot more intuitive, MIDI Fx are a huge plus, so needed that, and in general really happy with the little tweaks so far that i've found. Still has the environment.

Had a lot of creative fun using the Logic iPad app, really handy, especially when either at my drums or hardware gear away from the screen. And the adding new tracks, choosing instruments from the app is tightly integrated, props on this, and finally means no screwing around with Automap and the likes for just basic transport / mixing, sends etc.

I think I saw something about groove templates too perhaps? Hoping that was on MIDI, sorta like Ableton. Love so many of the features in Ableton but haven't been bothered to get too deep into it cause of using Logic for so long.

Haven't had a chance to try the 'drum designer' out yet, which looks decent, but getting right into Superior Drummer the past while anyhow.

Welcome update, and again price is nothing to turn your nose up at. Keen to hear / see what others think / find / like / don't like etc over the coming months.

(also seems pretty solid for a 10.0.0 release)
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
I've had a couple crashes with it so far, and the iPad app lost contact a couple times too. A little disappointing, but the new versions of auto save brought me right back where I was so I didn't lose anything.
Go to top Post Reply