As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN!
Admin
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
maybe OT with five samples, each of which must be 1 second or less.

and go!
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
My first live PA was in Seoul with a Machinedrum back in the early 2000s.

I would say OT too. Samplers are pretty limitless. I would suggest getting some kind of synth with it that would all would fit in a case. Mopho, tetra, shruthi. You could always get your samples from a phone, so the synth is optional.

I haven't had a MnM so I cannot say.
bryantalbot wrote:
And, it's the first device I've had since I was a kid that made me laugh out loud.

Octatrack.

Wow, beautiful. I mean really.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
MD would be my choice, still think it's the best all in one self-containted box Elektron has made. The OT can be more flexible, but there's still that issue of getting samples into it that requires a computer.
Game & Watch
^ Or at least something connected to the inputs.

My vote would be for solidwoodzkitchen the new Elektron machine, it has huge storage, built in appliances, wooden end cheeks, and you can get one from any town in the UK, I think even Ikea sell them.
Chain Chomp
xmit wrote:
OT. Infinite possibilities as a standalone.

now - at this risk of being a pedantic twat - of which I am clearly both - surely the OT can't be classed as truly 'standalone' ...as you've got to sample / import sounds into it...?

So - desert island scenario: - OT with empty card... standalone...

Monomachine - standalone - an entire universe of almost infinite sonic possibilities at your fingertips....

See your point. However Maschine is classed as Standalone (When not hosted by a DAW) and relies far more heavily on a Computer than the OT.
Admin
Nein wrote:
See your point. However Maschine is classed as Standalone (When not hosted by a DAW) and relies far more heavily on a Computer than the OT.

who/what classifies Maschine as standalone? (just curious)

That's insane. It's not -- not even a little bit.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
papertiger wrote:

who/what classifies Maschine as standalone? (just curious)

That's insane. It's not -- not even a little bit.

Some suit at native instruments.. because "all you need to make music with it" is in the package..*

just like those mpc-controller-things. mpc-renesance or what-ever you call it.
its a "complete package" so you can use it stand-alone *

I think suits/commercial people like to talk that way **

Anyways, on my desert island.. I would use superglue, and just stick
my elektrons to eachother.. I think that classifies it as "1 machine"

* everything you need except a compatible computersystem
** its nice to have the small print with annoying details somewhere else..
Anything that uses a computer DOES NOT COUNT
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
As much as I love the Monomachine, I'd have to say the OT as well. Infinite possibilities.
Go to top Post Reply