As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:#1 Elektron fanboy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:#1 Elektron fanboy
Goomba
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 13 Years, 2 Months ago
here is the "digital side". Nord Lead 3 controls all plug ins on the laptop (the VST host for my G5 Quad - the main recorder and DAW) including the libraries stored on the hard drives on the right.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Finally, the DAW side of things. Here, the Snow and G5 work together. The Micron is my main controller for when I wish to play a tune and enjoy the stereo imaging of the Dynaudio BM6s. I figured I can't stand MIDI controllers (for the price of a "good" one, you might as well get a small synth that can actually make its own sounds if needed). I've owned two novation controllers - gave one away and sold the other. The Micron also makes cameo appearances in my live setup.

The Hartmann Neuron is hosted by a Dell that's not in the picture. The CC121 controls everything in Cubase 4.5.2. To the left are the audio interfaces, power conditioners, and midi interface.
Goomba
By the way, here is some much needed acoustic treatment. My studio had a terrible standing wave just behind my monitoring position that was throwing my mixing way off. Bass was greatly exaggerated. This will do for now.

Game & Watch
kirlian wrote:

Nice! There's a lot of horizontality to your setup.
Admin
yes! i'd love more verticality, but i just don't have the bread or time to get a whole new studio layout happening. that said, i think of it as different stations. they are pretty much separate anyway. MD, MnM, virus all work together and go speparately into the ensemble. The pedals, turntable, nord, KP3, and MPC go into the mixer and i just take a stereo pair to the ensemble. there is also maschine lurking for a third "outboard" setup. i'm moody so i need music pallette to reflect that.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:#1 Elektron fanboy 13 Years ago
Packed away some stuff ready to move, going to attempt life without a monomachine for the first time in nearly 4 years.

FxCam_1304535477238.jpg by sonofprent, on Flickr
Admin
You've still got the AX! Still fond of it?

Are you finding your reduced setup inspiring or limiting? You still have 2x more machinery than me in there, but as you know I love limitations
Admin
tIB was here
heh, Im great at finding gear and terrible for letting it go. AX73- Its so bloody huge I dont often use it. It is limited- LFO routing is barely there, theres only one of them, its one osc per voice and it doesnt have the snappiest of envs... having said that I like the overall sound, the filter (and that you can FM it with the VCO), low end and the square/tri mix is lovely. When/if I get into the cellar in the new place it will get some hammer as an analogue pad machine, not sure Ill have room for it until then.

As for the reduced setup niether really at this point. I find working with the OT, modular and two filterbanks very inspiring, though I dont really have the time to get deep into it with the move coming up... Ive also been distracted by getting the two akais out to see how they play together. That MPC, I said Id leave it alone this month and focus on the OT but it keeps hooking me back in for more! There's really no limitations though, its just a case of learning different methods and ways of getting the things I want with different tools in different ways... I feel the need to explore that at the minute.

Limitations: I like them, but Im also semi obsessed with options... my modular rig is a classic example of that. I do like to know my gear reasonably well though and dont feel overly comfortable with not using stuff for extended periods. At the minute Im over and above what I need, at some point Ill probably cut back though it will be by no means a minimal setup when I do... As I said Im rubbish at letting stuff go.

I also definitely need to do some Akai only tracks... get the EWV out too.
Admin
tIB wrote:
heh, Im great at finding gear and terrible for letting it go.

Sounds familiar!

Good luck with the move. How are things coming on?
Admin
tIB was here
Yeah its on the go, got 3 weeks until dday. Other than the studio stuff I don't have that much, just a case of moving that safely.

Going to repack the mpc and ax later, the remix 16 will be my latest OT distraction.
Go to top Post Reply