As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear External FX processors- reccomendations? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: External FX processors- reccomendations?
Boo
External FX processors- reccomendations? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
I'm in the market for some external effects. I've decided I hate adding them in a DAW, and it would be nice to step outside the OT/A4 FX and have some dedicated hardware control/
extra global FX. Plus, my Ambika is coming along and I know I'll want some FX processing for it when it's done.

I'm pretty close to buying an OTO Biscuit, just because it's so unique and fun- plus the Der OTO sounds pretty great in and of itself.

However, does anyone have any recommendations for some other, more traditional FX processing that isn't a Sherman Filterbank?

Also considering: Jomox T-Res, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man (mostly for the reverse delay).

2 of the 3 I've listed are pretty distinctly harsh- anything a little brighter/delicate?

I'll consider Racks, guitar pedals or dedicated FX processors.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:External FX processors- reccomendations? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
I am thinking about buying the Koma pedals. They Are analog, can be controlled with CV and are more affordable compared to the Moogerfoogers.
Boo
Wow. Those are cool- the infared is a really cool feature.

I'm currently going down the Strymon rabbit hole on YouTube. This could be bad-for the wallet!
Boo
Anyone have any experience with the Lexicon MX400? Seems like a whole lot of processing for not much cash, but I'm skeptical....
RyanA4 wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the Lexicon MX400? Seems like a whole lot of processing for not much cash, but I'm skeptical....

No direct experience with that particular unit, but personally I'd stay away from most rack FX units. At least for me the whole point of hardware is having fun and menu-diving is not fun.

I'm only buying guitar pedals and tabletop units from now on.

Strymon's are a great choice, the delay units particularly. Eventide makes good pedals too.

One unit I'm buying myself in the near future is the Vermona Retroverb Lancet. Tabletop spring reverb with a really great sounding and editable filter and a knob for every function, what's not to like?

Moogerfoogers too, are worth considering. I think they're worth the money.

The Ekdahl Moisturizer is one option too, if you like exotic reverbs.
Yoshi
Barfunkel wrote:
No direct experience with that particular unit, but personally I'd stay away from most rack FX units. At least for me the whole point of hardware is having fun and menu-diving is not fun.

Best FX units are rackmount...

Eventide H3000/Orville/H8000; Publison Infernal Machine; Kurzweil KSP8 and the Kyma Paca(rana)
RyanA4 wrote:
Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man (mostly for the reverse delay).
Pay attention to what Memory Man: the only one with reverse delay is the (digital) Deluxe Memory Man With Hazarai. Any other is analogue and won't reverse the echoes.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Rusty wrote:
Barfunkel wrote:

Best FX units are rackmount...

Eventide H3000/Orville/H8000; Publison Infernal Machine; Kurzweil KSP8 and the Kyma Paca(rana)

Yes, but cost an order of magnitude larger than what Barfunkel is referring to.
I know you said no Sherman, but Elektron gear and Sherman Filterbank is a match made in heaven, just felt a need to let you know
Go to top Post Reply