As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear KMI QuNexus - Review (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: KMI QuNexus - Review
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
KMI QuNexus - Review 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Been rocking one of these for a few weeks now, here's some thoughts on it if anyone is curious:

http://tarekith.com/kmi-qunexus-full-review/

You'd need the optional MIDI Expander to use with the Elektrons, but I plan on getting one soon and can answer questions.
  The topic has been locked.
tIB
Boo
Re:KMI QuNexus - Review 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Nice review. Worth mentioning that I believe there is an issue with the cv output on this that means all notes are slewed. Last I read it was a hardware limitation, so unlikely to get fixed. Disappointing.

Edit: seems they are working on a fix. If anyone is buying as a cv keyboard probably best to check here first:http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70936&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Thanks for the info Tib!
Chain Chomp
Thanks for the review.

Hmm, TRRS for CV in.... Where can you get that? Could be interesting to send MachineDrum or Analog 4 in. I haven't gotten around to doing much with MachineDrum CV/trigger in yet, but I wonder if there are any possibilities there.

Can you treat it like a pad controler and tap on it or is it too small?

Do you know if you can use 2 at once?

Or is the CV scalable? I love using the analog4 to sequence and play guitar effects pedals, which often want 0-3.3v, could be even more fun with the Qunexus and the expressive options!

I have to say the QuNeo situation, with the delays, poor communication, and half baked software at time of release really put me off KMI, but it looks like the QuNexus addressed all that! .....Glad I got rid of my QuNeo though.
Go to top Post Reply