As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN!
Cappy
If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be?

In my case I'm thinking about living in Asia where there is no community for Live PA and don't want to lug around heavy gear, or rely on my laptop for musically performance.

I'm very interested in playing Detroit Type Techno.

I already have an Elektron Machinedrum MK2 UW but am thinking about trading it for just an Octatrack while loading incoming samples via laptop sound packs or something off stage.

what do you guys think?

and what would you pick as your one Elektron device?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
OT. Infinite possibilities as a standalone.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Re:If you Could Have just one Elektron which would it be? OPEN! 10 Years, 10 Months ago
OT changed my life. I stopped using the computer for making music and now compose almost exclusively in the OT. I haven't looked at a piano roll for the last 18 months.
Haven't lokke at a piano roll for the last eight years.
Don't own any OT though

OT seems to be the most adapted here, because of its versatility. Now MDUW is far from preventing melody/harmony, thanks to the UW.
King Koopa
Definitely the OT.

I'm from a Detroit Techno inspired/production background myself.

I'm also a new user of both the OT & A4, so I'm still scratching the surface of what these machines are capable of. The OT would be my choice if i could only have 1.
easy.

Monomachine. one of the greatest integrated electronic music production instruments ever conceived & manufactured. A true classic.
Yoshi
the next one - you know, the PolyMachineA8-a-tron
King Koopa
This...

anigbrowl wrote:
OT changed my life.

...and this...

Nein wrote:

And, it's the first device I've had since I was a kid that made me laugh out loud.

Octatrack.

now - at this risk of being a pedantic twat - of which I am clearly both - surely the OT can't be classed as truly 'standalone' ...as you've got to sample / import sounds into it...?

So - desert island scenario: - OT with empty card... standalone...

Monomachine - standalone - an entire universe of almost infinite sonic possibilities at your fingertips....

Admin
xmit wrote:

now - at this risk of being a pedantic twat - of which I am clearly both - surely the OT can't be classed as truly 'standalone' ...as you've got to sample / import sounds into it...?

So - desert island scenario: - OT with empty card... standalone...

Monomachine - standalone - an entire universe of almost infinite sonic possibilities at your fingertips....

+1, with extra lulz
Go to top Post Reply